୨୧ Chapter Five ~ December 17th 1756 | The Slave Girl ୨୧

*ೃ༄꒰ঌ ໒꒱*ೃ༄

For a week now Helena has been noticing this strange girl called Liliya walking around town without a coat, without anything underneath that thin and way too short dress.

So many people have been talking about that strange girl, mostly other teenage girls. They were talking about what a disgrace she was and how disgusting and weird she was. But they didn't understand that Liliya didn't know any better, she wore what she has been allowed to wear her entire life.

Well Helena has been seeing that girl all over town but this time it was different, Helena saw that girl a different way.
Liliya was sitting on two big barrels that were probably frozen too like the rest of the town.

Liliya was shivering and had goose bumps all over her body. Her teeth were chattering as she bit her nails and her fingers appeared almost purple.

Helena felt bad for the girl so she hurdled trough the snow to get closer to Liliya and took of her marine blue coat with tiny black buttons revealing the dark red half of her dress which seemed black because the bottom half was black.

Then she handed the coat to Liliya. At first Liliya just looked at Helena and then at the coat. She didn't want to accept it at first because she didn't want the other girl to freeze but at the same time Liliya was feeling like an ice cube.

She slowly took one of her hands out and grabbed the coat. Then after that Liliya quietly thanked Helena while putting on the marine blue coat.

Helena felt bad for the girl who looked to be about the same age as Helena who was sixteen at that time and wanted to do something nice for once. It seemed like Liliya didn't have a place to stay at as she didn't change her clothes once and she seemed so pale probably from the freezing Elzurian weather.

Helena actually quite enjoyed the time she spent at the cafe that evening with Liliya who turned out to be only a year older than her.

Helena slightly lifted her half red half black dress as she started to walk away with huge steps trough the thick snow but then quickly turned back around to Liliya who was still sitting on those two big barrels.

"Are you coming?" Helena yelled to Liliya waving at her to come.

Liliya's face expression turned into a big smile and she slowly but surely jumped down from the barrels not realizing how slippery the ground underneath the thick layer of snow was.

Liliya slipped and went flying face down into the snow.

Helena quickly ran back to help Liliya who was already looking up. That was the first moment when Helena actually really saw Liliya's face but it was all covered in water drops from the snow and her lips were all purple, some girls called it beauty others said it was a death call.

Helena helped her what she assumed new friend up and they both giggled.

The two girls talked the whole way to Helena's home where her mother was cooking soup. But the whole way home Liliya's voice was all shaky so they hurried and lucky for them there was not as much snow on the road as the horses flattened it down.
When Helena opened the wooden door to her house it let out a loud crack but the cold air filled with a wonderful sent of burning wood and fresh beetroot soup.

"Helena! Close the door you're letting in cold air!" Her mother yelled three meters from the door preparing the table.
Helena's mother saw an extra pair of shoes in the corner of her eyes and looked up to welcome the guest the family had for lunch.

But her mother wasn't very pleased when she saw Liliya. Even though she felt bad for the girl who looked all cold and pale, she also thought that Liliya was a disgrace for showing her knees in such a short dress. But everyone has a different story.