Chapter 29: Dreams

Dreams 

Eira hasn't woken up in a week now and I'm getting worried about her. We have noticed that the enemy is moving, a lot of towns from Arsamanedon and Elidoria have been attacked.

Auroravale could be next but her siblings and officials have been doing everything to avoid an attack here. Her people gather every night to do a ritual and a spell for protection.

Healers gather in her room every morning to wake her up, even Tobias helped with healing her but she's just so... tired.

I glanced at her tower when I saw that it was glowing in such an unusual way, Magnus, who was standing beside me, stood in awe watching her sister's favorite place shining like her power.

"Ano kayang mangyayari, mukhang pinoprotektahan ng tore niya ang buong Auroravale ah?"

I nodded with what he said, the tower was glowing and so was the sky surrounding her city.

"Kakaiba talaga si Ate, kahit tulog ginagawa pa rin lahat para lang maprotektahan tayo," he sighed.

She never failed to impress me... She has been doing that since the first time I laid my eyes on her. 

I tapped Magnus's back and walked away from him to visit his sister. Her room was so cold when I entered, she was still laying in her bed, eyes closed. I opened her curtains so the light would come into her room.

Slowly, I walked towards her direction and sat on the chair beside her. "Wake up, Eira..." I whispered to her. 

What scares me is the ice, which has been covering her walls, just a little, and it would cover her entire ceiling too, some are even on the chair, and her table.

Could it be that something is happening to her?

No

I held her hand and slowly brought it to my cheeks, it was cold, too cold. "Eira... come on, wake up for me..." her, sleeping gave me the chance to look at her beautiful face.

Long lashes, button nose, pink cheeks, full lips, she... is just perfect.

I leaned on her to kiss her lips. "I need to go," I told her even in her sleep. I needed to go to his brother to help with the plan.

"Where?"

I almost lost my shit when I heard her cold voice,, it was hoarse like she was deprived of water for many years.. The ice that was covering her room slowly vanished.

"Where are you going, Percival?" she asked when she noticed me staring at her, I was overjoyed that she woke up that I had to process it. "Are you okay?" she even asked like I was the one sleeping for weeks.

"What would you feel if I just kissed you now?" I sounded dumb when I asked her.

A smile was plastered on her lips. "Why don't you try?"

I didn't waste any second and just devoured her bloody lips, she immediately closed her eyes and then rested both her hands on my chest. Tasting every corner of her mouth was heaven.

My hand found its way to her nape to pull her closer to me. I smiled between our kisses because I felt her kissing me back.

A knock from the door made me stop from kissing her. Sighing. I sat on the chair again while still looking at her.

"Oh? You're finally awake!" Blair said with so much happiness in his voice, he even came running to the Empress's side to hug her. "Buti naman!"

"How are you, love?" she asked her brother.