Chapter 5

Their beautiful and luxurious modern mansion, should be in the image section, above the written text. 

         ~Renmen's P0V~

Silence was thick in the air, making my nerves present. The state I was in right now is truly pitiful. I never felt so uncomfortable in my entire life, driving towards Mr. Guerriero's probably luxurious home was making me on the edge. This whole arrangement is going way too fast, I can't believe I'm really sharing a home with him. It seems way too surreal.

My anger still lingered towards Mr. Guerriero for what he did yesterday to that crying woman. Does he usual break hearts like that, and don't feel any guilt or remorse? How can somebody be so self-centered? I still don't understand why he wants to marry me, me who has so many faults.

I glance at him, trying to read him, but he's a type of person that you won't ever know what's on his mind. I guess I was glancing at him longer than I thought, because he looks straight at me, with a knowing expression. I frown and quickly turned my head to look out the window. We have already been in this car for 20 minutes, and I felt like I was going to explode.

It was so hard for my mom when I told her that I was leaving home, and I was living with Mr. Guerriero. Eventually she understood, and I promised her that I would come over as much as I can. I couldn't even look at my father, I just couldn't. I don't have many belongings, so it was easy to pack my things, just two suitcases.

We were in an expensive looking neighborhood. All I saw was mansions, I never saw such magnificent buildings before. Now, positive that Mr. Guerriero home was a mansion, I was getting uneasy. I can't never call Mr. Guerriero's mansion my home, I just can't see myself doing that.

Finally reaching his home, which was fairly secluded. I had to force myself to not seem at all impressed or amazed. It was proven difficult for me to do that, and it was so obvious to Mr. Guerriero, that he smirked smugly. The architecture of his modern mansion was perfect in every way. His home really looked like a place, a person like Mr. Guerriero would settle in. It was getting dark, so, the lights illuminate the property, displaying every lovely aspect, but it's not a type a place I would choose to live in.

Mr. Briggs opens the door for Mr. Guerriero when he parked the car in front of the house. I hurry up and open the door before Mr. Guerriero or Mr. Briggs try to open it for me. I get out the car, and notice the trunk is already ajar, so I get ready to get my luggage out, but Mr. Briggs beat me to it.

"Um...Mr. Briggs, p-please it's not n-necessary for y-you to do that. I-I can carry my own luggage, I r-really don't want t-to trouble you." I say with my irritating nervous stuttering, hoping he understands.

He smiles at me, and says "It's my job, and if Mr. Guerriero finds his fiancé carrying his own luggage he'll fire me in a heartbeat. And please, call me Briggs, no need for the Mister. I'm really not that older than you." He excuses himself and walks into the mansion with my luggage.

I don't say anything anymore, surprised that I even said anything to him in the first place. Mr...Oh...I mean Briggs macho and muscular figure really intimidates me to no end. But he's like a friendly bear, and is very nice once you get to know him, plus he's very funny.

I didn't really know if I should walk in, I feel really out of place right now. I look at Mr. Guerriero, and see that he put his expensive phone away and walks towards me. He looks at me, then grabs my hand without my consent, we walk inside the luxurious home together.

"Welcome home, Renmen." He says with a hint of excitement in his tone.

"This isn't my home." I mumble softly, certain that he won't be able to hear my statement. But unfortunately it seems like he was able to hear what I said. He ignored me, pretending that it didn't faze him, but I can tell that it hurt him a little bit. I felt guilty, I was about to apologize, but it was too late.