Chapter 6

*HEY! Sorry for not updating for a while, busy with school and finals. Thanks for all the support, and please enjoy this chapter*

~Nicolas POV~

"Quoi!? Vous êtes enfin fiancés? Quand? Qui est la personne malheureuse qui est maintenant engagé pour vous? Vous ne l'avez pas m'a contacté dans les âges, et tout d'un coup vous me dites que vous êtes engagé. Il est si semblable à vous de le faire. Je ne peux pas croire que vous avez m'a pas dit plus tôt, nous avons certainement de jeter une fête de fiançailles." (What!? You are finally engaged? When? Who is the unfortunate person who is now engaged to you? You haven't contacted me in ages, and all of the sudden you are telling me you are engaged. It's so like you to do that. I can't believe you haven't told me sooner, we definitely have to throw an engagement party. ) my mother exclaims on the phone, speaking to me in fluent French. I made a mistake, actually answering her phone call for once. She continues to blabber on, and I must stop her before she wears out my ears.

"Mère s'il vous plaît calmer, je ne pas besoin de vous jeter une fête de fiançailles, qui est pas vraiment nécessaire. Je ne sais même pas pourquoi je vous ai dit que je me suis engagé dans la première place. Juste oublier que je vous ai dit que jamais l'information. Quelle est la raison pour laquelle vous m'a appelé de toute façon, s'il vous plaît arriver au point déjà." (Mother, please calm down, I do not need you to throw an engagement party that is not necessary. I do not even know why I told you that I got engaged in the first place. Just forget I ever told you that information. What is the reason you called me anyways, please get to the point already.) I love and respect my mother, but she can be a real nuisance at times.

"Ne parlez pas de telles absurdités! Nous éprouvons une fête de fiançailles et qui est définitive. Vous devriez avoir honte de vous-même, me faisant abstraction de quelque chose de si important dans votre vie. Et ce qui est mal avec vous appeler quand je veux, pourquoi je ne peux pas demander comment est mon bébé fait avec sa vie." (Do not speak such nonsense! We are having an engagement party and that is final. You should be ashamed of yourself, disregarding me of something so significant in your life. And what's wrong with calling you when I want, why can't I ask how is my baby doing with his life.) I sigh in frustration, knowing that her mind is set on the idea of having an engagement party.

"Mère Bon, je renonce. Alors, est- ce que tout ce que vous vouliez dire?" (Alright mother, I give up. So, is that all you wanted to say?) Our conversation duration has already been a full hour. Slowly I was losing my patience, of talking to her. The urge of hanging up on her, was getting stronger by the minute.

"Je comprends, vous êtes un homme très occupé. Tellement occupé, que vous ne devez pas même le temps de reconnaître votre propre mère de temps en temps. Je viens à votre place demain, pour répondre à vos fiancé. Et il vaut mieux être là quand je viens visite." (I understand, you are a very busy man. So busy, that you don't even have time to acknowledge your own mother once in a while. I'm coming over to your place tomorrow, to meet your fiancé. And you better be there when I come to visit.) She says, and I don't care with whatever she does at this point.

"Voilà bien la mère." (That's fine mother.) I hang up, and look at the time on my phone. It's close to 6:00 p.m., I'm just going to head home now, quite exhausted from a tedious day of work. I'm actually excited to go home, able to see Renmen everyday has been my complete joy and pleasure. In fact, I'll just meet Renmen at his work instead.