Chapter 17

Hey guys. Sorry once again for procrastinating and not updating sooner. At first I was just busy with school, but then I got writer's block. So please don't be too mad and enjoy this chapter and the upcoming chapter. There will be way more drama in the future.

Renmen's POV

When Nicolas said that we will be spending all day together it was literal. I have spent more time with the intimidating man than I ever have. While going places and visiting people I got to know him better. Like why he hates his family so much, the reason was because they use him.

And he never had a good relationship with his father, but he has an endearing love for his mother. Apparently his father is an alcoholic who has been in and out of rehab, he was known for being abusive towards his mother and him. I had sympathy for him.

I'm guessing that's were Nicolas gets his hot-temper. I made sure we went to my mother's place. I haven't seen her in a while and I miss her exquisite cooking. Nicolas decides to wait in the car. I could understand why, since my parents don't feel comfortable with him around. As I walk up the creaky stairs of the apartment complex, my body slightly shook with mixed feelings.

My trembling right hand balled up into a fist, but before they could make contact with the wooden door, I hesitated. My anxiety, fear, and angst clogged my throat, I swallowed and ignored the unnecessary feelings. Seeing my manman's warm expression forced me to jump into her arms.

I decided not to tell her about the kidnapping. I hated lying to her, but I didn't want her to worry more than she already is. I was glad that my father was in his AA meeting right now. It was still difficult to face him. We had conversation for an hour, while I ate her mouth-watering coconut cream pie. Her presence made me forget all my past sorrows. I wanted to stay longer, but I had to consider Nicolas who was waiting in the car. I already felt bad when talking two hours or more with Amy at her place she just wouldn't let me leave, she even bribed me with pho. It was quite hard to shut her down.

Even though he told me to take my time, I still felt guilty. Plus there is plenty of time for me to visit her again. I said goodbyes while manman forced me to take more coconut cream pie and beyen. I said my final goodbyes, not forgetting to leave her money despite her protests. When sitting down the passenger seat, I got settled in and finally turned to stare at Nicolas. His attention was so focused on the papers inside a beige file folder that I don't think he noticed that I entered the expensive car.

I study his perfect features and admiring them. Instead of a perfect quiff that he usually has, his hair is in a mess, but it still fits him. He seemed quite relaxed and peaceful. Honestly, this man's face doesn't have any imperfections and it kind of irritates me. I was wrong when I thought he didn't notice me in the car because he finally spoke. I jumped slightly from his sudden deep voice.

"Hey, you ready? Why don't we finally get something to eat? I made reservations. Or do you want to order in? Whatever you want"

I finally got out of my stupor, and softly responded.

"Uh, well ordering in doesn't sound like a bad idea. Why don't we just pick up some food? I have been craving some hamburgers and French fries."

I licked my plump lips just imagining biting down on a hamburger made my stomach twitch in anticipation. Goodness, I'm so hungry and I hadn't had a hamburger in a while. I started to bite on my bottom lip and looked at Nicolas because he hadn't said anything. His expression was definitely not his usual stoic one. His eyes were filled with heated lust.

I didn't know what to do at the moment. His light eyes were focused on my lips and his whole body was tense. Want and desire were so obvious in his demeanor, a nervous shiver ran down my body and stopped at my toes. His clenched jaw was a sign of him holding back. I then reacted by burying my face in my warm hands and I turned away from him. Soon enough Nicolas did something, by releasing a deep chuckle. He threw the papers in the back. He finally made a short statement, his voice was deeper than normal and laced with need.