𝟏𝟑: 𝐖𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐜

╰┈➤ You were mine, even before you knew it

"I'm not going shopping. My brothers and parents still haven't agreed to the marriage, so tell your boss, I DON'T CARE!" I shouted at two girls standing in front of my college, who were trying to drag me out for my birthday shopping. What's wrong with him? How can he be like this?

"Ma'am, please, sir will be furious if you don't come. Please, ma'am," one of the girls pleaded.

My expression softened at her words. What should I do now?

"Ma'am, look, he's calling. Please, talk to him," the other girl said, holding out the phone.

"I don't want to talk to him. Ugh, this is so frustrating," I muttered while she informed him that I wanted to talk to him. Like ever.

Reluctantly, I took the phone and answered, "Hello, Jaan." As soon as I heard his voice, fear coursed through me, and all my confidence evaporated. He always has that effect on me.

"H-Hello," I stammered.

"Tell me, what's the matter?" he asked casually as if his voice hadn't just sent shivers down my spine.

"I-I can't go shopping," I said, closing my eyes and biting my lip, my heart pounding wildly. What would his reaction be?

"Why can't you go shopping, Sunshine?" he asked sweetly.

Sweet, my foot.

"I have college work," I blurted out, grasping for the first excuse that came to mind. I was surprised I could even think straight.

"But we need to find a dress for our engagement," he insisted.

"Um, I-I do-"

"Think carefully before you finish that sentence, baby," he interrupted, his tone deadly.

"You-you can't force me to do this," I protested, feeling a surge of courage now that he wasn't right in front of me.

"I absolutely can, and I am one hundred per cent doing this. With you," he replied firmly.

So, here I am shopping for my funeral.

"Ma'am, do you like this fuchsia pink dress?" a saleswoman asked, holding a very glittery dress with cuts all over. One malfunction and I would be stark naked in front of everyone.

"Um... no. Do you have something in Indian?" I replied, trying to suppress my exasperation.

"Sure, ma'am, whatever you say," she said, giving me an awkward smile.

Before I could see more dresses, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Maanya Oberoi?" the person on the other end inquired.