Chapter 3: Wrong

Hey. I'm sorry that it has been a while since I have updated. I'm trying to finish my other fanfic and it kind of led to stalling this one. *sigh* What to do?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Until next time!

🌸Cat🌸

I dedicate this chapter to BooksAreAnotherLife.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

It took a while before Lucy could process what just happened. In the meantime, there was just dead silence between the two. Her body suddenly froze with shock when realization came to her. Her eyes were flickering with disbelief. Was her imagination playing tricks with her again? Was all of this just a dream? Then again, the girl did have her suspicions about Ren's behavior as she walked with him, but she never expected anything like this.

"My card says today's the day of your fateful encounter."

Hearing Cana's words resurface in her mind says one thing: Cana was right. It's weird though. Lucy was aware that Ren could actually be her fateful encounter, but for some reason, she just didn't feel anything when he confessed his love for her. Taking a quick glance at Ren, Lucy was starting to have second thoughts about this whole fateful encounter thing.

"Lucy?"

The celestial spirit mage snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her name. Ren was standing right in front of her, looking somewhat worried.

"Are you alright? You kind of spaced out for a while."

Lucy nodded. She stood up straight and held her ground. She couldn't panic anymore. Whether or not this is a dream, Ren needed an answer and she wasn't going to run away.

"Ren." At the call of his name, the boy looked up and faced Lucy.

"What is it?" He tilted his head to the side in curiosity.

Lucy felt sad to reject his feelings, but she just couldn't accept something that's not hers. She took a deep breath one last time and then let it all out. "I'm really sorry, but I just don't feel the same way for you."

"I totally understand."

Lucy looked up, surprise written all over her face. When her eyes landed on Ren, she saw him smiling.

"I guess my confession did come out of nowhere." He placed his hand behind his head as a chuckle came out.

Lucy could only stare at the boy with confusion. Having no idea what was going on, she waited patiently for him to finish laughing. After Ren had a good laugh, he cleared his throat and pushed his glasses up.

"Anyways, I'm really sorry for confessing to you like that."

"N-No, you shouldn't be sorry for anything."

Ren laughed again when Lucy stuttered, making the girl feel more embarrassed.

"Thank you for everything that you have done for me today."

Lucy was surprised once again. She saw Ren smiling at her. He also had his hand extended to her. Standing up straight, the blonde smiled and shook his hand.