Exiting

Susan practically skipped down the corridor of Cair Paravel, her excitement bubbling over. She reached a beautifully carved wooden door and knocked enthusiastically. The door opened to reveal Madeline, one of her closest friends and confidantes, with a book in her hand and a curious expression on her face.

"Susan! What brings you here with such excitement?" Madeline asked, stepping aside to let Susan enter her cozy sitting room.

Susan's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm as she spoke. "Madeline, I have the most wonderful news! Peter and I have decided to throw a grand ball. It's going to be a magnificent event with music, dancing, and guests from all over Narnia and beyond."

Madeline's face lit up with delight. "A ball? I always wanted to have a ball!!"

Susan smiled, feeling a surge of happiness at her friend's reaction. "I'm so glad you're excited. It's a ball with princesses from all over the world, to find peters soulmate."

Madeline nodded softly, feeling a little heartbreak. "That's cool."

Susan smiled at her noticing her sadness. "I wish you would tell Peter your a princess so he can just ask you. I mean I see the way he looks at you."

Madeline began to blush a little. "I want to wait for the right moment."

"And what exactly would be the right moment."

"How long until the ball?"

"Two weeks."

"I'll do it in those two weeks. I promise."

Susan hugged her exited. "Im so glad!!"

Madeline chuckled at her excitement. "Can I ask something?"

"Sure." Susan said calming down a little.

"Can I bring an old friend of mine for a couple days?"

"Aslong you don't fall in love with him, absolutely." Susan mocked her a little.

"I have known him forever, absolutely not. His name is Dylan."

"Sure tell him to come."

"I will, thankyou."

With their plan set, the two friends spent the next hour discussing the preparations for the ball. They talked about the decorations, the menu, and the music, their excitement growing with every detail they discussed. Susan could hardly wait to see Peter's reaction to the flourishing plans, and she knew the ball would be a night to remember for everyone involved.

———
Author note: a ball is happening!! But an old friend is joining. How is he after all these years that Madeline didn't see him?

Word count: 392