Chapter 12

Khushi, for the first time, faced angry ASR. She couldn't control her tears and cried for a certain time. Lavanya and Siddharth tried to console her. She got back to herself only when she slept. As everyone know about ASR's wrath, it didn't seem as surprise to them that he scolded her.

Khushi was at home, as tomorrow is her wedding. All the preparations are going on in a full swing. Khushi didn't feel like staying at home, so she was about to step out when Shashi called her from behind.

Shashi - Where are you going, Khushi?

Khushi - Just like that, papa, I don't feel like staying at home.

Shashi - Is your health okay?

Khushi - Yeah, I'm absolutely fine.

Shashi - But a new bride shouldn't roam around.

Khushi - Please, papa. I don't even know if I will get this chance to relish some time for myself later. Please let me go.

Shashi cups her face - What happened? Is everything okay?

Khushi - I'm telling you, na. I'm fine, Papa. Just want to spend some time with myself.

Shashi - Okay, come back within 2 hours. If your Amma gets to know, she will bang me along with you.

Khushi chuckles, hugs him, and goes on a walk. She goes to a cafe and orders coffee and sips it.

She's not understanding what's happening to her? Why is she so dull when her wedding preparations are going on? Her wedding is tomorrow, but there's not a pinch of shy and happiness in her face. There's only irritation. She cannot take Neelam's tantrums anymore. If its like this now, what will be her situation when she gets married. Siddharth doesn't take a stand for her. When she told all this to Garima, she told her that girls should adjust themselves at their in-laws' place, only then the marriage stands. But Khushi is still confused about her life.

She sighes hard, takes in the last sip of coffee and walks out of the cafe. She keeps walking ahead, thinking about her future.

Arnav is waiting in his car at the signal, waiting for it to turn into green. He is back to his ASR's mode, from the time he got to know about Khushi's marriage. He shouts at anyone for no reason. And no one knew what's the reason behind his anger.

Meanwhile, a bunch of students do a rally due to which there's a traffic jam. And all the vehicles are stopped. Arnav hits his steering with his closed fist with irritation. Khushi walks on the footpath and stops when she was about to cross the road, looking at the student rally.

Students are performing a rally on a minor girl rape case. They keep shouting, holding her banner. Police find it as a public nuisance, they try to stop them, telling them to not shout, they do not listen to him and move ahead, due to which the police initiate lattie charge. And some students starts throwing stones on them and some of them throw glass bottles with fire on the  tip of them towards the police. In mere minutes the whole area become chaos. Khushi is unable to see anything due to smoke she tries to escape from the place, but due to the chaos the public keep running here and there. And police behind them. Arnav keeps pressing the horn, but the situation there is worse, no one's willing to obey him. Meanwhile, a student throws a stick on the police which hits Arnav's car window. He gets down the car in anger. But policeman catch that guy.  Arnav sighes with irritation.

Arnav - I should get out of here, as soon as possible.

Saying, he goes to his car, meanwhile he hears a loud voice, 'Devimaiyya'!! He turns and is shocked to see Khushi on the road with blood oozing out of her head. He runs to her and doesn't care, if any sticks are hitting him or he stepped on any glass particles. Nothing mattered to him anything now. Not even his life. He ran and kneeled down in front of her, lifting her in his arms, he takes her to a corner. He sits and lays her on his lap and taps her cheeks.