Chapter 13

Khushi opens her eyes and closes them immediately. She blinks her eyes for some seconds to adjust to the lights around. She closes her eyes tight and opens them. She looks to her side and sees that Arnav is sitting with his head bent and his palms are holding her palm inbetween his, placed near his forehead and his eyes are closed. Beside Arnav there is Aman sitting and leaning his head on Arnav's shoulder and sleeping. She looks at both of them for a few seconds and tries to take her palm from Arnav, due to her fingers's movements Arnav opens his eyes and looks at her. Khushi looks into his eyes and Arnav looks into hers. He moves forward and puts his hand on her head, holding her palm in his other. Due to Arnav's movement, Aman's head slips from his shoulder and he looks at Khushi.

Arnav - How are you feeling now?

Khushi just nods her head looking at him, blinking her eyes.

Aman - Do you have any pain?

Khushi nods her head left to right, signing that she don't have any pain.

Meanwhile, a nurse comes inside and checks her saline. She goes and calls the doctor. He requests Arnav and Aman to go outside and wait, they go out. He examines her and changes her bandages.

At Siddharth's home -

Siddharth - What are you talking ma?

Neelam - I'm telling you the truth. If a bride disappeared suddenly just before a day of her wedding without informing anyone, what should it be understood as?

Siddharth looks at his mom with an unbelievable expression.

Neelam - Either she don't like this alliance or she might've eloped with somebody else.

Siddharth - No, this cannot happen. Khushi is not such a girl ma. She herself told me that she would like to marry me.

Neelam - Maybe in the meantime, she found someone else. Who knows?

Siddharth - No ma. Listen to me....

Meanwhile, Neeraj comes inside the room.

Neeraj - Your mother isn't wrong?

Siddharth sighes - Papa, aap bhi? I'm telling na. Khushi is not such a girl.

Neeraj - Oh really. Then what is this?

Saying he switches the TV on and puts the newschannel, which is showing a picture of Khushi in Arnav's arms. Both of them are looking into eachother's eyes in the picture. This picture is being scrolled with the headline, 'ASR, fashion king with his lady love'.

Siddharth is heartbroken looking at the TV. Not only Siddharth even Neelam is shocked looking at TV. Siddharth slumps on the sofa looking at the news.

Neelam - Dekha? Did you see it? I told na, she eloped with some one. And wait you told me that she is working as PA to your boss. He is the man right?

Siddharth just keeps looking at TV and gulps in hard.

Neelam - So she is maintaining someother business with your boss other than being his PA. And you like a fool fell in her trap.

Neeraj - Don't you know all this?

Siddharth whispers - No. I don't.

Neeraj - You didn't even suspect when they were working together?

Siddharth - I doubted when he asked her to be his PA. But I didn't expect this.

Neeraj - What are you gonna do now?

Neelam - There's nothing to do. We are cancelling the wedding. My son doesn't need a cheap second hand girl. Who knows whether she is a virgin or no? No, I'm not letting this happen.