Chapter 16

Arnav is in study with Aman.

Arnav - I want this to happen at any cost.

Aman - Don't worry I'll take care.

Arnav - And about that news.

Aman - I've already talked to the Director of the news channel. But he is asking 15 lakhs.

Arnav - I don't care about the fucking money Aman. I need to know who had done this.

Aman - I know that. Umm... Arnie can I ask you something?

Arnav - Yeah Aman.

Aman - Are you angry with everyone that they forced you for marriage?

Arnav - Ofcourse I'm upset Aman.

Aman - Arnie I'm sorry, I've tried my best to convince aunty, but she didn't listen to me. Eventhough Khushi is my friend, I shouldn't have let this happen.

Arnav - Why are you sorry? There's no need to be so. It's not any one's fault. It's the situation that made this happen.

Aman - Arnie, please don't be mad at Khushi. She's already hurt. I've never seen her broken like this.

Arnav - Do you really think I would do so? No Aman, I won't.

Aman looks at his watch - It's late. Go and sleep.

Arnav takes in a deep breath and nods his head.

Aman - Good night Arnie. See you tomorrow.

He goes away. Sighing Arnav goes back to his room. He sighes looking at his room decorated. Taking his night clothes from the cupboard, he goes inside washroom and freshensup. He comes out and throws the towel on the recliner, then he spots Khushi at the pool side. Hugging her knees to her chest, leaning her head on the french door, she is sleeping. He goes to her and notices dry tear stains on her cheeks. Arnav first time feels bad, looking at her. The always bubbly and active girl he had known, is now broken. He senses her shivering, due to the cold breeze. He gently lifts her in his arms and takes her inside. He slowly lays her on the bed and covers her with duvet. Tears keep rolling from Khushi's eyes in her sleep. Is she having a bad dream? He strokes his thumb at the corner of her eye, and wipes her tears. He looks at her for a minute, goes to the recliner and sleeps.

Next morning -

Khushi wakesup and thinks of all that happened to her, is a dream. She wakesup and looks around. She is not at her home. She stands and closes her eyes, folding her hands together.

Khushi - Devimaiyya. Please make all this a dream. Please.. pleasee.. I beg you.

She keeps muttering her prayer, opens her eyes and looks to side, where there is a vanity desk. She looks into the mirror and finds sindoor in her partition and mangalsutra around her neck. Reality hits her so bad, she falls on her knees and starts sobbing.

At AR -

Arnav and Aman go to the office. They go straight to Arnav's cabin, not giving a damn to the employees good morning. As none of the AR employees attended the wedding, no one knew what happened. Arnav and Aman keep discussing about the news, when Siddharth comes. He knocks the door.
Aman throws daggers with his eyes to him whereas Arnav gritts his teeth looking at him.

Aman - Come.

Arnav keeps glaring at him. Aman gives Arnav a paper, he signs it and gives it back to him. Aman gives it to Siddharth. Siddharth thinking it as his promotion, smiles to himself and reads it. His facial expressions change as he was reading.

Siddharth - Sir, what's this?

Aman - Can't you understand this small thing. It's your termination letter.