Ch 41. PUNCH!

Pap 41

Phil leaned on the handrail and watched the human workers below with bored eyes as they set up the equipment needed for the magic assessment.

Equipment for measuring magic levels and equipment for discovering magic.

It's kind of strange how a country human is only capable of three kinds of magic:

1. Magic of their own (based on their personality)

2. Family magic (magic that can be inherited)

3. The magic of their country (culture-based)

For a being that's supposed to be in charge of a large number of humans, you'd think they'd be more OP, but looking back at all the chaos they managed to cause with only three magic types (e.g., wars and other bad history), it was probably for the best.

But even then, it's rare to have all three. Inheriting your family's magic is rare since it usually starts as a relative's own personal magic.

So, the only magic that you're sure to have is your personal magic and your country's magic.

Although, there are some very, extremely rare cases.

Like Phil himself who, for some reason, just doesn't have any personal magic. He's got his country magic and was lucky enough to inherit his father's magic...but for some reason, he doesn't have his own?? The other leaders and medics have reasoned that it's probably because he just hasn't discovered it yet or he might just be a late bloomer. (Phil himself thinks that it might be due to the fact that he changes his personality like he's changing clothes.)

He just can't stop being special, can he?

Phil lets out a puff of air before deciding to go find ASEAN. He finds him in the break room going over some papers, UN and EU beside him chatting and eating, occasionally looking over the papers as well.

"Papa Asi," Phil knocked on the open door, catching their attention. "Mr. UN, Mr. EU."

"Phil," ASEAN gestured for him to come closer. "Why aren't you with the others?"

"They're busy," he shrugged. "They were being helicopter children hovering over their families like they would disappear if they took an eye off them," he crossed his arms.

"Hmm...and why aren't you?" EU asked.

"Hm?"

"Why aren't you with your family?" EU pointed at him. "Don't you want to spend time with them? Make sure they're okay?"

"Mama can take care of herself," he shrugged.

"Don't you want to spend time with them?" UN repeated EU. "You haven't been together in a long time, you must miss them."

Phil stiffened, his eyes looking on the floor. "...I don't know...I'm still trying to...process...this whole thing"

"I see..." UN gave him a sympathetic look.

ASEAN, EU, and UN looked at each other, having a silent conversation.

A change of topic was decided.

"So!" EU smiled, "the magic tests will begin in a few hours," a smirk on his face as he looked Phil in the eye.

Phil raised a brow.

"You inherited your father's magic, right?"

"Yes?" Phil wondered where he was going with this.

"Well..." EU got up and put his arm around Phil's shoulder, pulling him close. "You haven't told us what your magic is yet, so once your father takes the test everyone will know!"