Chapter 5: First Kiss

Scarlet's POV:
My cheeks burn red and I look down to the ground in order to hide it. My boss lifts my chin up, running his fingers up my body until they reach my chin. "S-sir we ca-" before I can finish my sentence I'm cut off by his fingers pressed up against my lip.

"I'm not asking if you think it's right, I'm asking if you want to" his gaze drops down to my lips.
"I-I don't even know y-your name" i state
"Let's change that then. My names Elijah, Elijah Sterling" he backs off and stretches his arm out to shake my hand. I take his hand in mine to shake and somehow he is able to grip my other hand with the same one.

He moves his hand lower so that he's holding my wrists rather than my hands. He pins my hands above my head and leans in close. I take a sharp breath in "so?" He asks
"I-I've never..." I begin
"Never had sex?" He interrupts "because we don't have to" I look down at my feet
"Kissed. I've never kissed anyone" I admit
"Oh" is eyebrows shoot up and his eyes widen.

Elijah lets my hands down from above my head, holding one in each of his hands. He leads me over to the lounge closest to the door and sits me down with him.

He faces me but looks out to the side of me, not going to lie his eyes look a bit watery. "Sir? Are you okay?" I ask
"Yeah, just thinking" he sighs
"That doesn't sound good" I say "what're you thinking about?"
"I really want to kiss you, but, I think your first kiss should mean something. It should be perfect, you deserve it" he brushes a stray hair behind my ear.

"Did your first kiss mean something?" I ask
"I thought it did, but apparently it didn't" i don't want to push the subject. I doubt he'd open up anyway we don't know each other. I've faked being scared and cried over someone whose life I could end easily. I can see it was hard on him, his eyes are watery and he looks away avoiding eye contact. I rest my hand on his shoulder and offer him a reassuring smile.

"Yes" I whisper
"Yes, yes what?" Elijah asks god it feels weird thinking about him and using his name. "Yes, I want to kiss you" I whisper avoiding eye contact and looking around the room.

He softly grips my chin making me look at him "you sure?" His voice is low and quiet with a calming tone to it. I'm scared shitless to kiss him, he's so handsome and perfect, and what am I, I'm not pretty and I'm covered in scars. Why does he even want to kiss me? Honestly I'm not just scared I'm really excited, this is all new to me.

Elijah grips my waist pulling me closer to him, leaning in slowly his lips brush against mine. "You are so beautiful" he purrs causing a blush to creep onto my face. Hesitantly his lips meet mine, he gently presses his lips to mine holding the kiss for a few seconds before backing off.

Leaning in to kiss me again Elijah freezes "shit" he mutters
"What?" My heart sinks, does he regret kissing me? "It's 8:20pm" he gasps, I turn around to look at the digital clock on his desk, then out the window at the sun is set.

"I should probably go" I sigh waking towards the door. I'm so stupid, he wouldn't want to kiss me, I don't know why I let myself believe that he would.

I reach for the door handle but my hand doesn't reach it. Before I can even touch the door handle Elijah grabs my hand and spins me around. His lips press against mine, he pulls back so that his forehead is resting on mine.

"Y'know, it's getting a bit late. You're welcome to have dinner at my place" he offers brushing the hair from my face. "I wouldn't want to be a burden. I'll just go" I mumble and turn to leave. "Don't turn your back on me" he demands, pushing me into the door, caging me in from behind.

"You're coming to my house for dinner, end of story" he grunts
"But..." I begin
"Spare me your, it's not right bullshit." I gulp spinning myself around so that I'm facing him. "Why?" I ask
"What do you mean, why?"
"Why did you want to kiss me? And, why are you being so nice to me?" I look away bowing my head.

Elijah cups my face in his hand, wiping my cheek with his thumb. He lifts my face but I don't make eye contact "Scarlet" he sighs. "You want to know why I want to kiss you? Well, when I met you all I wanted to do was protect you, be there for you, I don't know why. It feels like a pull bringing me to you, I don't know why anyone wouldn't like you. You're one of the most beautiful women I've ever met and you're so strong. You've been through so much and yet you be yourself, which is rare in this world of fakes."

Tears well up in my eyes "I-I'm s-so sorry b-but I have to go home" I apologise
"And why is that?" He sighs
"I-I can't tell you" I can feel a few stray tears run down my face.

"Have you got an abusive boyfriend or something?" Elijah asks making the tears run down my face even more. I was not expecting him to do what he did next, pulling me into a hug he whispers "it's okay. I won't let anyone hurt you again." It feels wrong fake crying to him, making it seem like I'm afraid of my 'boyfriend'.

"I'm sorry" I whisper
"For what?" He rubs my back
"I'm a burden" I sob. Elijah pulls back grabbing my shoulders lightly and looks me in the eye "you are not a burden" he insists. I felt bad faking my emotions to him but I feel worse now showing my true emotions.

—————————
How are you liking the story so far?

Thank you for reading