Chapter 18: I felt nothing

Scarlets POV
I noticed Elijah leave early this morning, though it is strange, I'm usually up before him and he's never left me in the room alone. It's only 6:00am I may as well try get back to sleep.

About an hour later I'm woken by the sound of a gunshot. I shoot up and go straight to Elijah's bedside table. Just as I thought he keeps a gun in here to, an Akdal Ghost TR01. Grabbing the gun I open the bedroom door checking that the coast is clear before I start to go downstairs, where the gunshots are coming from. Downstairs I'm confronted with at least 20 men fighting Sam and Elijah. I stay hidden in the stairwell before I take my first shot, hitting one of the men dead in the back of the head. If I went to Elijah and Sam it would be useless, they need someone to shoot from behind. That way we don't give them a direct target.

I recognise these men, they are from my so called father's mafia. Between Elijah, Sam and I shooting there was one man left standing, one I remember very well. The scar that cut across his lip and up to the corner of his eye not doing him any favours. Elijah raised his gun to take a shot at him but I shot his gun, knocking it from his hand.

I walked out from the stairwell, and started walking circles around the man in font of me. "Missed me?" I asked, a sarcastic tone in my voice. "Remind me what happened the last time we saw each other?" I stopped in front of him, turning to face him.
"Fuck you" he spat.
"Is that any way to treat an old friend" a smug smirk found its place on my lips.
"You're a psychotic bitch, I don't know why the boss wants you alive" he adds. "You'd be a lot more useful dead anyway."
"I would send you with another message for your 'boss', but it's a lot more pleasing to just kill you" I smirk. "Rot in hell Leo."

I pressed the gun to his forehead, a wide sadistic smile plastered on my face before I aimed the gun at his right foot. I pulled the trigger watching him cry out in pain as blood spattered from his foot. I moved on to his next foot, same thing, this time he fell to his knees. I then moved the gun to his stomach, I watched as more blood pooled out of him making his shirt drenched and cling to his skin. I waited a little before I finally moved the gun to his head and gave him a sweet smile before I pulled the trigger. His lifeless body becoming consumed by the pool of blood forming underneath him.

I turned around to face Sam and Elijah a unfazed expression on my face. The two of them stood mouths hanging open, wide eyed and raised eyebrows. I rolled my eyes before walking over to them and handing Elijah the gun I had taken from his bedside table. I left without a word and my expression never changing from one that was emotionless.

I went back to the bedroom and changed into some black skinny jeans and a loose, off one shoulder, knitted, red top. I sat on the bed, bringing my knees to my chest and sobbed into my arms.

Teary eyed I looked up at the door way when I heard the sound of a door opening and closing. Elijah slowly walked to the bed and sat down with me. He held me for a while in silence, i really did need this right now.

"I felt nothing" I finally spoke up. "I stopped feeling anything when i killed after the Tori incident. That, along with the fact what I did to Tori ate me up from the inside out is why I stopped. I'm dangerous, when I get into the zone of killing someone, nothing will stop me. Anyone who gets in my way dies. I'm a monster."
"You are not a monster. Everyone deals with pain and difficult situations differently, this is just your way" Elijah's states.
"It's all I've ever known, to kill. I don't want to be like this, but I don't know how to be different."
"I know, beautiful. I know you do" he kisses the top of my head before lying me down to go back to sleep.

"Stay with me, please" I sobbed as he stood up to leave. "I just need to speak to Sam, I'll be back as soon as possible" he replied.
"Yeah, okay." When he walked out of the room I brought my knees to my chest, still lying on my side.