49 Unexpected

Part 49 Unexpected

"Arnav, don't you learn to respect elders? This is how would you talk?" Dadi asked keeping her face rigid as always.

"Youngsters could learn respect from elders only. If elders respect youngsters, they would automatically respect elders"

"Don't I respect you?"

"You respect me but my wife. I can't tolerate it if anyone disrespects her. She is my wife. Her respect is my concern"

"Are not you concerned about your Dadi's respect?"

"Of course, I do...but, it depends upon your behavior. I won't encourage the one who disappoints my wife"

"If you talk to me disrespectfully, how will your wife respect me?"

"My wife doesn't need any demonstration to respect others. She very well knows how to respect others... especially, elders. It's in her blood. She respects people and relationships better than us... no matter what. That's why I don't want her to be behind you to coax you"

Dadi tightened her jaw. She didn't expect Arnav would hit her in front of everyone and lift Khushi.

Dadi looked at Nani and asked,

"Why Arnav is so rude? How could he be so disrespectful? Is this how you raise them, Devyani?"

Before Arnav or Nani answered her, Anjali did,

"Leave how she raised us, Dadi because you have no right to talk about it. You went to Ashram leaving us when we wanted the most. If Nani was not there for us, we would have been standing in the middle of the road. Before questioning Nani, you answer me first, why didn't you bless Khushiji? Being an elder of this family, how could you behave childishly? Is this how your mother raised you?" she asked making everyone stunned.

"Anjali, don't forget you are talking with whom..."

"I very well know I'm talking to the woman who ran from her responsibility, leaving her grandchildren alone. I felt happy to see you after a long time, but you... you are giving us nothing but hatred" She said emotionally.

"Di, leave her... don't stress yourself," Arnav said.

Anjali nodded her head and left the place.

Arnav came to Khushi. Clutching her hand, he headed to his room with her. Raizadas had mixed feelings. They didn't know what to do. Dadi stood like a statue, losing her speaking ability. She came to RM expecting something but everything was happening upside down. She didn't expect Anjali would stand against her. If she was against her, how would she do for what she came? She went to Nani's room with confusion.

.......

Arnav came to his room with Khushi. She saw restlessness on his face. Of course, she was also restless. She didn't know why Dadi didn't like her. She was not even ready to give her blessings. Why?

Arnav looked at Khushi who was looking agitated. He came and sat beside her. Khushi looked at him with teary eyes. Arnav felt bad for her and wiped her tears.

"Khushi, I'm here. Don't bother about Dadhi. She is like that. She won't change her mind and stays stubborn. We don't have to give heed to her"

"Why doesn't she like me, Arnavji? Why she hates me?"

"Khushi, I said don't bother about her"

"No, Arnavji, she just met me for the first time. We never interacted before. Then, for what she hates me? why does she hate me for no reason?"

Arnav was alerted. Khushi's words made sense. She was not wrong. Why did Dadi hate Khushi for no reason? Did she hate her for no reason, or, there was a reason without their knowledge? What would be that? He left the place and headed to Nani's room.

In the meanwhile,

Dadi was squeezing her hands annoyingly. She walked to Anjali's room to meet her. Arnav who came out of the room saw Dadi heading to Anjali's room. He followed her.

Dadi entered the room with a stern expression. Anjali saw her and stood up from the bed.

"Tell me, Dadi..."

"I didn't expect this from you, Anjali. I didn't expect you to make me feel low"

"I said the truth. If it makes you feel low, I can't help"

"Anjali, do you know why I'm here?"

Anjali was silent.

"I came here for you. I'm here to get your husband back to you..."

"I know..." Anjali said making her stunned.

"Whaaat? You know... yet, you showed disinterest?"

"Yes... because I don't want him to come back to RM. He is not a nice man... he doesn't deserve my love. I hate him"

"No, Anjali...it's not true. He was framed."

"Did he say so?"

"Yes, he came to Ashram to meet me. He begged me to bring you back to him... he loves you so much..."

"Nooo... he is lying. He kidnapped Chotte..."

"Do you have witness?"

"Chotte himself told me... he heard his men talking to him on the phone"

"It can't be true..."

Cutting her,

"It is... Chotte will not lie. I trust him..."

"No, it's not true. Damadji would not talk to anyone on the phone. Arnav would have misunderstood the situation. Or, he would have believed someone over Damadji"

Anjali understood, she was hinting about Khushi.

"Chotte is not a kid to believe everything blindly, especially, when it comes to my matter. He won't decide in haste"

"You are supporting the wrong one Anjali"

"I'm not supporting the wrong one. I trust Chotte"

Dadi was fed up and came out of the room. She was stuck to see Arnav standing, listening to them.

"So, you don't come here to meet us... I thought you remembered us as you cared for us... again you disappointed me...! Listen to me Dadi, your dream will not come true. Shyam will not come to RM..."

"Arnav, he is Anjali's husband"

"Di doesn't need such a cunning man in her life"

"You should not decide it"

"I will... I won't let the man near my Di"

"Arnav, they are husband and wife. Don't you know the value of marriage? They took seven phares which means a lot"

"Just because people take Phares, not everyone follows it... it's just a ritual. No one would take it seriously..."

"How can you say that? Won't you take it seriously? Will you say it has no values?"

"I don't believe in rituals. That's why I and Khushi didn't take Phares..." Arnav said.

Dadi and Anjali were shocked to hear that. Arnav was confused as he didn't understand what was the big deal...!

To be continued...

Note: Sorry for the short update. I'm busy with my son's college admission.