Chapter VI: Lead Team vs. the League of Anarchy Part I

Bruce beats down Kira again. "I won't be repeating myself."

"Hard to remember what you asked from all the beating," sneered Kira, as Bruce gave a left then right hook. Kira pants in pain. "Harder. I still... can't remember... heheheheheheh..." Kira seems to have a Stand-Destabilizer around his neck.

Batman beats him down, harder. "Give me a good reason why I shouldn't let you bleed out here."

"Because I know you won't. Looking into your richboy eyes, you don't have the batballs to kill me."

"But you'd wish you were dead."

"I was already dead. It wasn't very fun... How about a game? You let me go and I'll tell you a secret."

"How about you tell me the secret first and I won't almost kill you?" asked Batman.

"Hm..." said Kira. "No deal. I may be a psychopath, but all I enjoy is a peaceful life."

"And you think Darkseid promises that for you?"

"He does," Kira smiled gently. 

"His promises are empty."

"Are they? Your eyes tell a different story... I've seen enough victims to know the slightest bit of fear in their eyes. And yours is plenty, because we win, won't we?"

"What do you want?"

"Villains want different things. I want a world where I live peacefully. DIO wants a world where he rules all. Joker...? He just wants chaos in this world. Win-win for him. Same for Goblin."

"A world where you hide from the government with no evidence present in any of your crime scenes, I assume."

"Yes. A world where I live peacefully."

"You live peacefully at the expense of the life of others. That is peace for you. But I can show you a better way... A way where you could train yourself to be a better person."

"Are you seriously asking me to change?"

Bruce smirks. "No... I'm too close to the edge. I'm warning you... Because if you don't, I'm at the edge of killing someone like you... then I'll go after you... You wouldn't want to be dead, would you?"

Kira smiles. "Now, those are the eyes I often see in the mirror."

"Batman, that's enough," said Superman, walking into the interrogation room.

"Superman," said Batman. He sighs. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For walking in."

Superman smiles. "Any time, pal."

"Aw. Why won't you make out already?" Kira rolled his eyes. 

"If I can forgive you, I can forgive anyone. Even you, Kira!" smiled Clark.

"I don't know why, but you're angering me," said Yoshikage.

"Man, that suit is quite... 'Killer!'" smiled Superman.

Yoshikage's eye twitches. "Malwire is with the Joker and the One Who Laughs. That's all I know. Please make him stop."

"Works every time," Superman offers a high five to Batman. "Come on! Come on! Come on!" smiled Superman, as Shizuka becomes visible and high-fives Superman.

"You were here the entire time?" asked Kira.

"Of course. Was enjoying Batman hurting you... for what you did to my mother."

"Oh, Shizuka. Your mother's hands were... beautiful."

Shizuka clenches her fists as Batman grabs her shoulder.