Reality

Sara’s point of view

"What was that?" Glastian asked for the umpteenth time.

"I don't know!" I snapped.

"Gerard?" he asked, batting his eyelashes, trying to imitate the puppy dog face.

"Idio-Oh! It was Chucky!" Gerard replied smugly.

"What? Sara! Don't let it kill me!" Glastian yelled, grabbing my leg.

"Gerard...you know he's afraid of Kalen," I replied, sighing exasperately. A chill ran down my spine, where was the man? Did he follow us? Or was the gun and whisper just a figment of our imagination?

"Hey, how was I supposed to know?" Gerard defended.

"What the heck is a Kalen?" Kate asked, completely oblivious.

"Kalen is a doll that comes out at night and kills people," Gerard replied, bored.

"Don't mention its name!" Glastian shrilled. I couldn't help but chuckle at his innocence...there was no such thing as Kalen.

"Fiți pregătiți, moartea se apropie."

"What the freaking hell was that?" I asked, getting chills down my spine. The blood circulation to my leg was almost stopped by Glastian who held it with a death grip, refusing to let go.

"You mean...none of you said that?" Gerard asked cautiously.

"Why the heck would we do that? What language was that?" Kate hissed.

"Um...uh...it was probably just the wind..." Gerard trailed off, chuckling nervously.

"No it wasn't, lovelies," the voice said.

"Who are you?" Gerard replied, his hand fumbling in his pocket. "Shi-shoot," he mumbled, attempting not to curse.

Gerard's Swiss army knife was suddenly forcibly flung on the tree behind me, missing my head by an inch.

"Let's...go," Gerard whispered, his voice trembling.

We had finally made it back to our house, the voice never followed us but the eerie chill did.

“Shh!” we whispered harshly at Glastian.  We glared at him as he looked at us apologetically. We were going up the wooden stairs when a loud creak, followed by a crash was heard.

"Glastian!"

"Shouldn't you be more concerned about me falling down the stairs instead?" 

We soon reached the second storey of our house and made our way to our separate rooms. Kate and I got into our room and shut the door gently. “Sara, what did you think that was?” Kate asked.

“I think…the person who killed my parents is trying to kill me.” 

"Anything else?"

"No...that's the only plausible explanation I can come up with," I lied. 

Well, it could be T.J trying to scare me.

My eye suddenly caught sight of a long, thin scar on Kate's arm. "What happened to your arm?" I asked, concerned. Although we were born only a few minutes apart, I felt a sense of protectiveness over her. 

"I cut myself," she replied, her voice never faltering.

"Why?" 

"You try being abused for nine years," Kate said dryly.

"What do you mean by abused?"

"Well, long story short, our mother kicked me, slapped me and made me a little work machine and almost sent me to one of those Houses after my father died," Kate said bitterly.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"You really want to know why I cut myself?" she asked, she didn't wait for my reply. "Cutting removes the emotional pain,"

"You kno-" I began but she cut me off.

“Can we watch television? I don’t want to go to bed,” Kate said, frantically trying to change the topic. Her eyes grew wider as she stared at a corner in my room. She gasped.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, let's go to bed."

I clapped and the lights went out. One clap for the lights to switch on and two claps  for the lights to turn off.

Kate suddenly faced me, I couldn't see her expression in the dim lighting.

"Sara, I haven't been completely honest with you," Kate sighed. "I see dead people." 

Author's note: Hi guys! I know I said that I would update tomorrow but I just saw that my story has gotten 3 votes and 35 reads! I'm so happy, even though this may seem like a small accomplishment to some of you. So, I've posted this chapter as a gift to all my readers :)! I'll probably update in two days. If you liked this chapter, please comment or click that vote button next to the top of my story if you liked it. :D

Cheers,

Jally :)