Seventy

She looked up to meet my gaze " Just as you once said, love makes people do foolish things. Maybe this is how foolish I can get for my love" Not replying to her I frowned as she purred "Look, Damon, I know Alex has enraged you, I know he deserves what's coming his way, I know I shouldn't have loved him and trust me, I have tried, I told myself repeatedly that he doesn't deserve me but...." A teardrop from Zulu's eyes " I couldn't help it, he is different from other men I have met when he loves, he loves with everything that's in him. He doesn't back down "

" So why do you think he won't try getting Ava back, what makes you think he will ever love you " growling at her as I watch her stand to her feet.

"He is not in love with Ava, it's just a stupid obsession that I will make him overcome"

"And if he doesn't listen to you?"

"Then I'll have no other option, I will do exactly what you did " Zulu smiled, not a real smile, a smile that comes to her face when she is thinking something evil " If he runs from me, I will tie him up and place him in the same ritual you did centuries back, I will confine him to myself. "

I finally notice she is serious about her love for Alex, averting my gaze back to the ongoing battle, a smile forms in the corner of my lips " I can't make any promises, just hope he doesn't annoy me "

" Thank you" Joy and relief were evident in her voice, shooting her one last glance. I frowned at the joy glittering in her eyes "Clean that look off your face. It disgusts me to know it's the cause of that fool Alex."

" yes Mr. D"

" Get on your horse, it's time "My gaze moves to meet Grant who has been listening quietly, I wonder when this bastard will love someone.

" not anytime soon Damon. " he smiled but I could swear it was a forced smile

" get off my head " I frown and he chuckles, Chase approaches and nods his head, I was so into Zulu conversation that I didn't notice Chase moving to the battlefield and telling the ghouls to kill vampires now " It appears that Alex has killed Norman" Chase mumble " how weak is your friend? I know full well that I can kill Alex within the twinkle of an eye "

" you're a demon Chase " I frown" Norman is just a dragon with serious training and dark magic "

" Alex is in a pretty bad condition too, he looks half dead to me " Chase purred "They are retreating to their camp now, tomorrow morning, they will complete the battle "

" vampires are stupid, the dragon king is dead, they should get into the kingdom and kill everyone themselves but since Alex is that weak I think is good they return, I plan on beating up a strong Alex tomorrow "My gaze moves to Zulu and as predicted, she looks worried " go to him Zulu, heal him up for tomorrow battle and make sure you talk some sense into that stupid head of his "

" Yes Mr. D, I will do just that "She didn't even wait for me to say anything else before climbing her horse and off to meet him, how eager. I hope he listens to her and just forgets about his silly obsession with my woman or I'll kill him.

I do hate Alex but Zulu is a girl I want to be happy and loved. If she says Alex is her happiness, then I can't kill him.... she has done many things for me and I think this is my only way of repaying her.

" What now? " Grant asks and I smile. I noticed his change of mood since he heard Zulu's confession. I wonder if my suspicions are correct.

" I plan on visiting those councils, they should be in the palace " mumbling they all agreed, I guess we three hate those stupid men.

It took only twenty minutes before we arrived at the palace, breaking down the door to the throne room I frowned at the twelve councils, they all looked worried and calculative "Damon, have you come to save us… you can be king, they are no other able ones"

" I thought I was an abomination, too sinful to be the king "Smiling I walk closer to their direction " Have you twelve changed your mind so quickly " They nod their head and I chuckle "You don't deserve to be called councils, too scared to even fight, give me a break" pulling out my sword I slice the first council head off, blood splashes all over my body, Grant and Chase start killing, they seem so happy.

Just like the old times, sometimes I miss these killings, the way blood feels hot on your face, their cries of agony "It's just marvelous "

•••••

Ava nods her head " You mean Alex brainwash me " They both nod their head "Damon is the man I love and hope to marry" They nod their head again but the weird guy, what's he called Travis, yes that's his name. He looked somehow pissed off at how I said I love Damon. Does he not like him? I thought they were all friends. I decided to just ignore my crazy thoughts "So he brought me to this magic world, and I am human, Sebastian is a wizard then who is Damon, and who are you, or better still what are you " I said pointing at Travis. I don't feel comfortable around him

" You should be asking me not them " I was cut off by Damon's voice, his voice made me stand to my feet and turn around to meet his gaze. I gasped at his appearance, blood all over his body and clothes, even the other two men behind him.

" you're hurt?"

" No sugar " he smiled " I killed some people today, not even a scratch on my body" he stopped right at my front "Help me wash off will you " Before I could reply he held my hand taking me upstairs with him, stepping into the room, I shut the door.

Watching him move to the bathroom, he dragged me with him and then finally let go to start unbuttoning his clothes " Wh… wh.. what are you doing?" I stammer, is he not ashamed to be seen naked?

He tilts his head to his left " I am taking off my clothes so that you can help me wash the blood off" he smiles "Trust me, this isn't your first time seeing me bare "

" Right now is my first time," I frown. " How am I supposed to trust you guys, for all I know Alex is the one I ...." Before I could speak more he placed his fingers on my lips, stopping me from speaking further.

" Don't say that Ava" his eyes pleading " I wish not to hear such words that will make me take back my promise of not killing that man "

" What do you mean?" I frown, confused by the words leaving his mouth.

" All am saying is that I love you and I wish not to hear you say the word love unless you want to confess your feelings to me alone "This man is bossy "You can wait in the bedroom while I take my bath"

Leaving the bathroom I shut the room door, my head suddenly hurt that I had to hold it, leaning on the door and biting my lower lip from screaming… All I saw was a man sitting beside me close to a fire while I read a book to him. His face wasn't clear but the house seemed similar to this.

Could it be that I know this Damon guy?