Slenderman: The Arrival

Prologue~

"So often we are controlled by our devotion, our love, our effection. A bond that pulls us down a path not bargained. And when you find yourself alone as HE cast out that bedeviling gaze."

I parked my Volvo in front of Kate's rocky driveway. Something about her's been different lately; she's acting really strange. It might just be because her mom recently died, or she needs to sell her house. Either way, I decided checking up on her wouldn't hurt anybody.

The pathway was blocked by a fallen tree. Strange. Another car was there, parked by it. It might be her friend, CR, but I can't confirm anything. I walked up to the door and knocked three times on her front door: no answer.

"Kate?" I called. "It's me, Lauren. Can I come in?" Again, no answer. I decided to investigate, her car was in the driveway so she couldn't have gone anywhere. I turned the door knob and shoved as hard as I could. It took a couple tries, but I finally managed to heave open the door. Slowly, it swung open. Kate wasn't there. But someone else was.

The couch was tipped over, windows were open, blankets and pictures were strewn everywhere, the place was a mess! The walls were scratched and someone had painted in red unreadable writing, and deadly pictures.

I looked around, trying to find some sort of evidence as to who did this, but all I found was an old key with some rust on the handle. My heart did a gymnastics routine.

I ran upstairs, which was also trashed, and found that all the doors were locked tightly. I tried the key to everyone of them, and none worked except for the very last one- Kate's room. I could hear my heart beating faster than it's ever gone before, pushing nervousness through my veins. When I opened it, the walls were completely covered with more scratchings and drawings, except this time, I recognized them as Kate's. (She always was a good artist.) They had pictures of a giant tower visible in the distance. I recognized that as the radio tower not too far away from here. That's where Kate must be.

I looked at her desk to find more clues. On it was a stack of papers with writing on them. What does it say? I picked them up to study, when suddenly, a loud, drawn-out scream filled the woods behind Kate's house. Ok, maybe she wasnt in the radio tower. Oh well. Time to investigate.