Chapter 5: The Arrival

I make my way up a dry mountain and through a cave, wondering where Slenderman and Kate are. They just left me the last generator. I know they're planning something deadly.

Suddenly, a smell hit me. It was the kind of smoke people breathe out of their cigars into your face. I coughed, and peered out to see what was causing it. Fire blazed up out of the Oakside Park forest, eating at the trees and churning the grass. I gasped as a burning tree began to fall down on the cave, and I bursted out just in time. Safe. Safe, find somewhere safe. I looked off in the distance.

The radio tower.

I run as fast as I can, dodging fire, falling trees, and yes, Slenderman. The first time I saw him he scared me, I wasn't expecting that, but then I just kept running. He's deffinately getting more aggressive- he teleported right in front of me a few times. But eventually, I ran straight for the radio tower and slammed the door behind me. Directly after, a loud pounding on the door is heard. Slenderman is NOT getting in here. I turned around to find a door. I tested it to find it was locked tightly. I need to find a key. I looked around, and saw it was stuck to the dim ceiling light. Reaching up and grabbing it, I unlocked the door and proceeded down the hallway, where I could here footsteps that I'm not sure was my own. At the end, was a dead end. I began to panic.

The door slams behind me.

But I'm reading writing on the walls, evil things that should never come out of a person's mouth, in Kate's handwriting. My stomach writhes as I realize Kate is going to be the one who kills me.

"The voice of my only real friend told me to do it," I read. I looked down, and was suprised to find the charred corpse of a man lying next to a video camera on the ground. Even though it was burned, I could still make out the facial expressions and see that it was CR, and Slenderman had burned him. I reached up and examined the audio recorded on the camera. All I hear is Kate and CR screaming, then the audio ends suddenly. The fire near the door I entered is blown out, and I can hear the door opening and footsteps. My heart beats so loud I'm afraid Slenderman or Kate can hear it. Suddenly, the camera flashes incoherent shapes and loud noises. I can hear someone creeping up behind me. Something's telling me to run. But I'd rather stay here and watch the camera.

And then I hear myself scream.

Everything goes dark.

I know I won't be afraid of them hearing my heartbeat anymore, because now I can't even hear it myself.