Chapter 3: "Into the Abyss"

I explore the field in Oakside Park, the one after the forest and near the mining facility. I can't find anything, really, except for a tunnel owned by the mining facility. But how do I get Kate's attention without getting Slenderman's?

As I enter, I see a sign in the doorway. It reads, "IN THE EVENT OF A POWER OUTAGE, SIX GENERATORS MUST BE ACTIVATED IN ORDER TO POWER THE EMERGENCY LIFT AND ESCAPE." Well. I do want to escape. Time to find some generators.

I look around the place. Boxes and crates are everywhere. How am I going to find a generator if I don't even know what it looks like? I keep walking. I realize it's not going to be hidden in plain sight, so I open up a few boxes, and found one. It looks like a small video tape, only a bit bigger, heavier, and more advanced. I keep it in my pocket and move to the next room.

While I continue looking, I notice something is following me. But it's too short and fast to be Slenderman. I whip around and shine my flashlight on it, and it freezes just long enough for me to get a good look at it. It has a white hoodie on, dark, dirty hair that falls to it's shoulders, even darker pits for eyes and a mouth, and very pale skin like Slender. At first I didn't know what it was. It was so ugly and distorted to be a human being I just guessed it was Slenderman's helper. But then I realized that was Kate's white hoodie, and her dark hair, and her speed. I also realized what a proxy was.

Ok, big change of mission. New mission? GET OUT.

I did a pretty good job of finding two more generators when my friend the Slenderman has returned. I just did what I did before: run away as fast as the old Kate would. I caught another generator. Caught Kate sneaking up on me (turns out proxies hate my flashlight). Only two more.

But Slenderman was harassing me more and I couldn't find the generators. This is a problem. I look harder and quicker, and eventually find one. But the other one is no where to be seen, and my attackers aren't anywhere to be seen either. I move on to the next room.

And the generator was right in front of me.

This is a trap. I peer around the corners, but they wernt there. They wernt in the room at all. So I took it, and ran for the lift. I turned all the generators on, and I was lifted to safety.