Chapter 2: The Eight Pages

The Oakside park is just behind Kate's house. In the daytime, it's a fun place to explore and climb trees. In the nighttime, it's a scary place you never want to be around. There's been a lot of kidnappings here at night, and nobody ever found the culprit.

And, yes, I am about to pee myself right now, but I have to do this for Kate.

I walked around, shining my flashlight on everything in front of me, a ray of sunlight to guide me. I don't see anything for a while, but then I come across an old rusty car with something taped to it. I ripped it off and studied it, half waiting for Kate to scream again. She didn't, but on the paper was a bad drawing of Kate, with the words "PROXY" scribbled slant wise over her. I had no idea what a proxy was, but I had a bad feeling about it and decided not to pull out my phone and look it up. I kept the page tucked under one arm and my flashlight secure in the other, an kept looking for these pages.

I found about three more when I continuously heard rustling in the bushes, and when I turned, I saw a tall man in a suit without a face.

I almost dropped my flashlight.

"S-S-Slender.." I knew this guy. I played his game before. He's going to kill me.

I took off running.

I collected another page while running, fighting back the urge to cry from fear. Keep it together. Remeber Kate. I got a flashback of her running in PE class. She was always so fast. She could outrun Slenderman. But he teleports. She could run to France and he'd be there waiting for her. No wonder so many kids when missing here.

Don't worry, I reassured myself. You only need two more pages. Don't think how the game ends.

Everywhere I turn I seem to hear the rustling in the bushes, so I just turn the other way. I manage to snag one more page just as he reappeared behind me. I run faster, faster. I keep running, heart drumming on, vision clouding at the edges.

I need to find that last page.

After running for what seems like an eternity, I spot the last page high in a tree. I feel a flood of relief as I see it's climbable, however, the relief quickly goes and jumps off a cliff as I see Slenderman guarding it. I could jump, but I can't reach high enough to go over his head, nonetheless his arms reaching up. Still, I have to try.

I run up and jump at him, a suicidal move, and use his head as a stepping stone just as he reached up and grabbed my leg with one of his (EW) tentacles. He almost pulled me out of the tree. I scrambled to reach the page, but my arms