The Train Ride

It had been a few days since Johnnie landed in Kansas. We had spent lots of time with my parents, seeing the limited sights of Kansas, and spending time with one another.

"You almost ready?" Johnnie asked from the door, his bag sitting just outside of the door.

"Yeah... i just can't get these to fit." I struggled, trying to fit a few extra shirts into my luggage.

"Babe that's because i brought those in a different bag... here." Johnnie hands me the extra bag he brought. I huffed and sat down, burying head in my hands.

"Oh baby..." Johnnie says, kneeling down next to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders. He plants a kiss on my head, "What's wrong."

"I have no idea, just the thought of packing and being in the airport stresses me out." I looked up at him. The one thing about Johnnie is, even though he didn't know it, he was extremely comforting. He naturally had a calm demeanor, besides in videos, that instantly eased my anxiety.

"It's okay baby, do you want to bring the bags downstairs and i'll finish packing for you?" He stood up and reached his hand out to me. I grabbed in and he pulled me up. Except, since he was stronger than he thought, he basically launched us both onto my bed.

My legs rested comfortably beside him, while his hands gravitated towards my waist.
"What if we just stay in Kansas forever?"

"As much as you don't want to pack, i don't think you could stay here." He replied, his thumb stroking my cheek. "But hey, in the bright side you just need to repack some new clothes and we'll be in new york!"

"Mmhmm." I mumbled, the pad of his thumb circling my lips.

"Okay let's go shall we?" Johnnie said, grabbing my hips and picking me up. I let out a little shriek at the sudden movement.

"Johnnie put me downn!" I whined while he carried me towards the door.

"Just as you wish." He said, letting go of my hips. I gave him a quick kiss and smiled, then turned to carry the bags down the stairs.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Jesus christ Alise what did you bring?" Johnnie asked, hoisting my exactly 50 pound bag off of the conveyor belt.

"Hey sir don't get mad at me, I just shoved random shit in there." I said, fiddling through my purse for my phone and lip balm.

"Blah blah blah." Johnnie said, wheeling my bag over to me.

I scrunched my nose at him as we walked to the arrivals area of Long Beach Airport. We... but mainly I... made the conscious decision that LAX is a nightmare, and Long Beach is closer to the house and much less busy.

"Have you texted Jake?" Johnnie said as we exited the doors. Instantly the warm California air touched my skin.

"I am riiiiight now." I said as I sent the text to Jake, letting us know we were ready for him to come get us.

We only waited about five minutes before we saw Jake's Tesla park beside us.

"Ohh my best friend and my best friend!" Jake said, nodding towards Johnnie as he opened the trunk and giving me a big hug. "How are Violet and Cobe?"