better off without me

Song to listen to while you read: "better off without me" - Matt Hansen

(A quick reminder as to where the championship is at the moment!)

Constructors Championship 

Red Bull: 453

Ferrari: 425

McLaren: 334

Mercedes: 132

Aston Martin: 71

Drivers Championship: 

Verstappen: 326

Leclerc: 277

Norris: 203

Sainz: 142

Piastri: 131

------------------------------------------------------

Silverstone Grand Prix

Max Verstappen had arrived at the track and immediately went to his private room to put his thoughts together. He had just told Charles that he loved him. He meant every word, and he knew that Charles meant it as well when he said it back, but something was tugging at his heart. 

This can't happen, right? He thought to himself, over and over again. He could never date his friend, more importantly, his rival. Also considering that LGBTQ couples are viewed negatively in a good amount of the countries that F1 races in would not help. How would fans react, how would his father react, how would Red Bull react?

Max continued in his thoughts for a few moments before he was pulled back into reality with a knock against the door. Max quickly got up from his chair and moved to open the door. 

Standing in the doorway was none other than his team principal, Christian Horner.

"Hey, Max. Can I come in?" Christian asked, his voice carrying a mixture of concern and curiosity.

"Sure, Christian," Max replied, stepping aside to let him enter.

Christian walked in and closed the door behind him. He took a seat on the small sofa in the corner of the room, gesturing for Max to sit as well. Max obliged, his mind still racing with conflicting emotions.

"Is everything alright?" Christian asked, his eyes narrowing slightly as he observed Max's tense posture.

Max hesitated, unsure of how much to reveal. "Yeah, everything's fine. Just...a lot on my mind, you know?"

Christian nodded, clearly not entirely convinced. "I understand. The pressure can be intense, especially with the championship battle heating up."

Max nodded, grateful for the plausible excuse. "Yeah, that's part of it."

Christian leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "Max, I know there's more to it than just racing. If there's anything you need to talk about, you can always come to me. We're a team, and we support each other both on and off the track."

Max looked into Christian's eyes, seeing the sincerity there. He wanted to confide in him, but the fear of the repercussions held him back. Instead, he forced a smile. "Thanks, Christian. I appreciate that."