Chapter 28 - Story

Click the Star/Vote!!

*Bang*

Another gunshot rang out, narrowly missing us. My body jerked in fear and I felt Giselle's firm grip on my arm, forcefully pulling me away.

"I don't want to go! Stop--" But my words were cut off as the other girls grabbed me and swiftly dragged me outside.

They knew my growing attachment to Karina, yet they remained resolute in their decision to leave. Just why..

Confusion flooded my mind as I searched for answers. Why did we have to run away?

"Please, please don't!" I pleaded desperately, but the four of them showed no signs of stopping. We were now at the gate, and Yujin swiftly opened it.

"Why can't we run away with the others? Why can't we all stay together?" Tears streamed down my face as I desperately tried to reason with them.

Giselle gave me a firm push, shoving me outside the gate. Left alone, my sobs and the sound of crickets echoed in the silence around us.

*Bang*

Karina's aim was off, and the bullet hit the gate with a loud sharp sound.

I was able to run by myself but they firmly held onto me, refusing to let me go. My mind was filled with thoughts of Karina as they forcibly dragged me away from her.

"Can't we go back? I don't want to leave her.." I protested, tears streaming down my face. Yet they remained determined to get me out of here, regardless of my emotions.

..

We finally reached another street, far away from the house. Looking back, I couldn't see it in the distance. Tears kept streaming down my face as I desperately longed to return.

"Please, let's go back.. I don't want to leave them.." I sobbed, my voice filled with pleading.

Minju, sensing my stubbornness, gave me a sharp slap across the face.

"Wake up, Winter. Karina is not who you think she is!"

"She's.." Her words trailed off, as if she struggled to find the right words.

"She's crazy, Winter."

What is she saying? Is she manipulating me? Karina is far from that.

"We should keep running. We need to get away from her." Giselle, who appeared reluctant, urged us to keep moving.

Despite my desire to stay, I found myself being forcefully pulled by Minju, her grip on my wrist firm, running alongside the others.

Out of nowhere, my head was violently twisted again, causing a sharp pain in my forehead and I instinctively clutch it.

"Ack..." I groaned, attempting to speak, but before I could utter a word, I felt my body collapsing, colliding with the rough cement ground.

___

[ Minju ]