You could hurt yourself

The TV light flickered through my room, bored, I switched from one channel to the next.

I wasn't really paying attention, I just needed something to drown out the silence.

I looked at the little digital clock next to the TV, it was now two o'clock in the morning. Visiting Bill's grave made me think, I just couldn't sleep yet.

I reached for the bottle that was next to my bed, ugh it's empty.

I got up and made my way to the kitchen. When I left my room I noticed that there was no light on at all.

Strange, normally someone is always awake here, but not today.

I turned on the light and tried to walk as quietly as possible. I opened the fridge and immediately saw a Coke.

Can I even drink Coke?

I took the can and looked at the label to see if there was a picture of a pregnant woman crossed out, but there wasn't.

I shrieked with delight, satisfying my food and drink cravings has made me even happier since I got pregnant.

I took a bottle of water anyway and closed the fridge again.

"FUCK!" I cursed and dropped the bottle.

Tom was standing on the other side of the kitchen, his suitcase next to him. I held a hand over my heart in shock.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He walked around the kitchen island and his gaze landed directly on my stomach.

His eyes widened, it seemed like he wanted to say something but didn't. The bottle was completely smashed, shards were everywhere.

"I'm sorry, I'll clean it up." I was about to turn around to get some paper towels when he grabbed my hand.

"No, don't move, you're not wearing shoes. You could hurt yourself." I looked at him and he let go of my wrist. "No, it's okay, I'll just be careful."

"Taylor." He said simply, his tone serious like he wanted to talk some sense into me. I sighed and didn't move from the spot.

He came closer, I knew what he was going to do, he gave me a questioning look and I nodded. He lifted me up bridal style and my arms automatically went around his neck.

I hadn't been this close to him for a long time, it was strange but also somehow comforting. I don't know, it's probably just because I didn't have any physical contact in general.

He put me on the kitchen island, as soon as he stopped touching me I missed it. These shitty pregnancy hormones make me so miserable. Everything makes me cry and now I even miss his touch.

In the meantime, he had already disposed of all the broken pieces in the trash and now he just dries everything off.

I kind of had the urge to ask him what he was going to say earlier. But I don't know, I don't want to make him feel like he can approach me again. The fact that he just carried me is enough.

He looked up at me as if he could hear my thoughts. "Ask me what you want to know." I stared straight into his brown eyes, which were so dangerous but also warm.
They could make me so weak.

"What did you want to say earlier?" He broke eye contact by standing up and throwing the wet paper towels also into the trash.

"I wasn't going to say anything, I was just surprised at how big your belly is already." He turned around and leaned against the fridge opposite me.

His gaze wandered over my body and lingered on my belly. Suddenly he turned to the fridge, opened it and took out a bottle of water.

"Here." He held the bottle out to me without looking at me. "I promised you I'd leave you alone, and that's exactly what I'm going to do now."