CHAPTER TWENTY

Sammy's POV

She stared at me, and it was evident that she was really mad

She stared at me, and it was evident that she was really mad. I don't know why i did it, i guess it was because she refused to accept that she was my responsibility. I can't let her go away from me, i made a promise to her mother and Sammy Oberoi always fulfills his promises.

"Why?" she asked, staring at me.

"I-I don't-" I stammered nervously.

"You've ruined my life" her eyes got watery, and her voice was cracked.

"It's not like that-"

"Then what's it like? Huh? WHY DID YOU MARRY ME SAMMY?" she howled at me.

My eyes got watery out of regret, "I'm sorry, but it was the only way to make you my responsibility"

"I HATE YOU SO MUCH! NOT ONLY DID YOU KILL MY MOTHER, YOU'VE ALSO RUINED MY LIFE!"

"If that's what you think, then so be it!"

"This marriage is a SHAM! It means nothing!". She desperately tried to clean the vermillion off her forehead, but it was a fail, because her hair was practically red due to the handful of vermillion I applied.

I felt bad for doing such to her, without her consent i forcefully married her. But you really can't blame me for wanting to protect her, it is my duty now. Her mother was right, her family will ruin her! I mean, her own grandmother sold her off just a day after her mother's demise! How cruel is that? Very.
A time will come when she will realize that i did this for her wellbeing."Call this marriage whatever you want, but keep in mind that i will make sure you come home with me, I mean it!"

"NEVER!"

I chuckled with a playful smirk on my lips, "You will have to follow your husband, Mrs Sammy Oberoi"

Her eyes literally bulged out when I said that, "How dare you call me that?"

"It is what it is! Now come with me" I grabbed her wrist and pulled her forcefully, while she refused and struggled.
I ignored all the insults she threw at me, and kept walking. I went over to the priest and asked him if he could help us with transportation, "Actually Sir, we are lost" I lied.

"That's a big fat hairy LIE! Sir, he forcefully applied vermillion on my head, and now he is forcing me to follow him home. Sir please help me!" she folded her hands. THAT BRAT!
The priest glared at us suspiciously, and I let out an awkward laugh, thinking of a way to get out of the mess Diana created. She thinks she's smart, but i'm smarter. And I can definitely play this game, "Babe, I already apologized, are you still upset? Is that why you're denying me?"

"Wait, what? Don't listen to him priest, he is lying!"

I smirked at her, and she growled at me, "Bae, I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Next time, I'll inform you when mother is coming. Please forgive me" I went on my knees and folded my hands.

I guess that must have convinced the priest, because he began to beg Diana on my behalf, "It's hard to find such men nowadays my dear, he is on his knees for you. Please my child, forgive your husband" he said, folding his hands.

"No no sir, what are you doing? You shouldn't fold your hands to beg me sir, especially not on behalf of this monkey!"

Did she actually call me a monkey? I just let it slide, at least I was able to convince this priest.

"Arjun? Arjun?" The priest called out.

"Yes Master?" A young man came out from the inside, wearing what junior priests wear 🤷. I guess the priest was his mentor.

"I want you to drive this couple to their destination with my Mercedes" The priest ordered.

"Okay master".

I thanked him for his help, while that brat just kept forcing a smile. We bent over and took his blessings.
"Bless you two, may you always stay happy".

Arjun took us to where the Mercedes was parked, and we got in. I asked him to stop us at that hotel, even though I had already checked out. But Diana kept insisting she wanted to go home. What's the problem with this girl? I refuse to let my wife--i mean Diana, go back to that hellhole called "home". The people there clearly don't care about her, they will only abuse her.

We kept arguing at the back seat, and I could tell that Arjun was tried of hearing our bickering. He looked in the rear mirror once in a while and groaned.

"Why don't you understand? You love to argue!" I said, frustrated.

"Me? So I always argue huh?"

"Yes, yes, yes!!! Can't you just shut the hell up!"

"You shut the fvck up! My mother's funeral still needs to be done! I won't go anywhere with you, until her funeral is done, period!"

"Fine, fine! Aunt Sama's funeral will take place, and I'll help you".

"I don't need your help".

"Shut up, you do! How will you handle it all by yourself? Huh? I'll make the arrangements, but on one condition".

"Keep your useless conditions to yourself! I don't need your help, so I'm not adhering to any condition!"

"Ugh, you are so stubborn! I'm sick and tired of you already!"

"Then why don't you just leave me alone! I told you that you can't be responsible for me, just because you made a promise to my mother!"

"I see you don't care about your mother's wishes, but I do. Your mother chose me to take care of you, don't you think she had her reasons? Can she ever be wrong? "

She kept quiet and her eyes got watery. She turned her face from me and folded her arms, while looking outside the car window.

"I'm sorry if I said anything to hurt you. I'm not always like this, but for your mother's sake, I made you my responsibility. Your mother had dreams for you, don't you want to fulfill them?"

She still said nothing and kept looking out the window, wiping away her tears.

"I understand how you feel, which is why I want to help you heal. I won't give up on you Dia, never".

She sniffed and faced me, "Fine. I'll let you help me with my mother's funeral, only because I love her. What's your condition?"

"My only condition is, you will leave this village!"

"What do you mean?"

"You will leave this village and come with me to Mumbai, agreed?" I stretched my hand to her.
She was hesitant to agree to my condition, and she was deep in thoughts. After what seemed like forever, she finally agreed and shook my hand.

We both turned our faces away from each other, and stared outside the car window, on our sides.

Word count: 1,147

****†****†****†****†***†*****†*
Gosh, writing is a lot of work 😮‍💨!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter?
YES or NO?!

What are your thoughts about this chapter though, should Diana go to Mumbai with Sammy? Or

Stay in Gangadia with Faye and Kathy😂?

I know no one wants that😂

Anyway, thank you for reading 😗, please don't forget to vote 🌹✨

Have a wonderful day 🌹✨

ariia_50 🌹✨