CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Diana's POV

"Thank you my dear" Grandma Kiran said, as I helped her lay down

"Don't stress yourself, okay? If you need anything, just call me" I said with a smile.

"God bless you my child. What's your name again?" She asked.

"Diana" I replied.

"Diana, may you always find happiness and peace. Thank you for putting that nasty girl in her place today. She's so disgusting!"

"I'm sorry about that ma'am, but I didn't intend on putting her in her place, I was just correcting her".

"Nevertheless, you shut her up and that made me feel at ease. I despise her so much, she has no shame!"

"Ma'am relax, we don't want your blood pressure rising now, do we? So, please just forget the incident and get some rest, you really need it".

"That's true, I will rest now. I'm having a bad headache, urgh!" she complained, placing her hand on her forehead.

"Oh no, here, let me massage it for you". I sat next to her, and placed my hands on her forehead, massaging it softly. In no time, she drifted to sleep and I quietly left her room. After that, I went downstairs to the kitchen. On my way, I spotted Aunt Flora talking to a priest.

"Do their horoscopes match?" She asked the priest.

The priest peered into his chart for a while before revealing the result, "Yes, their horoscopes match. Congratulations, they can both get married on the 12th of this month".

Aunt Flora screamed and jumped happily, shining her thirty-two. "On the twelve, that's in a week's time!!! Ahhhhh!! I'm so happy now. Thank you so much priest!" She said, and bent down to touch the priest's feet for blessings and he blessed her.
Maybe I was just seeing things, because it seemed to me like the priest was sweating, but the air-conditioning was working fine. I guess it's his hormones or something.

Aunt Flora saw me, "You, come here!" she called me, and I went to her. "A wedding is going to take place in 7 days time, so we need to start the preparations as soon as possible. Here's some money, go to the market and get these items on this list, got that?" She handed me the money and list. Gosh, it was a long list so I already felt exhausted just looking at it.

"Manesh! Manesh!" She called out.

"Yes madam?" The driver replied.

"I want you to drive Diana to the market, I know she doesn't know her way around Mumbai, so it wouldn't be safe to send her alone".

"Okay madam" manesh replied.

"Umm, Diana, you go get dressed, then go with Manesh, okay?"

"Okay ma'am" I replied and went to my room to get dressed.