couldve been, wouldve been

requested!

633 words

trigger warnings: vomit, mentions of infertility, mentions of eating disorders and mentions of miscarriages- please don't read if it will trigger you, stay safe <3

——
taylor's pov:
me and travis have been trying for a baby for months now, and never seem to have any luck. it's an endless cycle that we've both been getting tired of.

i woke up this morning, my stomach ached and moments later i emptied out the contents of my stomach into the toilet bowl.

"do you want to take another test?" travis asked, knowing morning sickness was a symptom of pregnancy. i shook my head, i knew it was probably going to be negative again and didn't want to put myself through the pain of seeing a single pink line again.

"that's alright. i'll help you get cleaned up." he offered, wiping my mouth with a tissue. after i was back in bed i got an notification from my phone.

after realizing it was a from my period tracker app saying i'm 4 days late, i had a little glimmer of hope. could it really be?

i didn't want to get ahead of myself, there was other reasons i could be late. maybe from stress, or anxiety? maybe i will take a test.

"trav?" i mumbled. "what's up love?" he said. "i think i wanna take a test now." i said, getting out of bed. "okay, let's do it."

we had a multiple tests at all times, just in case something happens. after peeing on the small stick i waited the 5 minutes which felt like an hour.

after the time passed, i flipped both of  the tests over.

two pink lines.

"oh my god." i squealed. i'm actually having a baby, this is so fucking insane! "travis! trav! you're going to be a dad!" i shouted, jumping around the room.

"honey, that's awesome. i love you so so much." he said, placing a kiss on my cheek.

we scheduled an appointment with my obgyn for tomorrow, just to make sure im like actually pregnant. it still doesn't feel real

-

at the appointment they go over everything in my medical history. "so it looks like you had an eating disorder a while back, yeah?" she asked me. "yeah.. i'm better now though." i said.

"that's amazing to hear, but..." she paused. "there is a higher chance of your pregnancy not being successful due to that damaging your body." she said, i nodded with my gaze fixed at the ground.

"but, that doesn't mean it won't work, let's do a little check." she said, pulling out some odd looking medical device. "alrighty, since you're still early on in your pregnancy, we aren't able to see clearly with an external ultrasound, so we do an internal one." she said.

i squeezed travis's hand as the basically shoved it up my body which was not a pleasant experience.
"alright, so the baby looks very healthy right now, do you want to know how far along you are?" she asked, i nodded.

"you're probably around 5, maybe 6 weeks." she said, finally removing that thing out of my vagina.
"that's awesome baby" travis said, smiling at me.

after we left the appointment, i was so happy, this was finally happening. the tour had just ended and i could focus on my personal life. this was awesome.

by the time night rolls around, im already tired. i usually struggle to fall asleep but the second my head hit the pillow, i was out.

i woke up in the middle of the night and my stomach hurt so fucking much. it felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife. i looked down, and then it hit me once i saw the blood.

——
part 2?

leave any new requests here—>