Oh Shit!

Zarelda's Pov

"Good morning..." Hope whispered as she placed a cup of coffee on my bedside table.

"Good morning-" I almost puked when I perceive the smell of coffee.

"Eww-...What is in it?" I asked as I held my nose together.

"....It's just coffee... normal coffee?" Hope glared at me.

"No thank you...I'll make mine myself." I said as I walked into my bathroom.

"Woww! the one time I tried to be nice and make you coffee you don't take it...and it's just coffee? what the heck!?" Hope glared at me again and drank the coffee herself before sitting on my bed.

"Well..okay. Maybe when I have my bath my nostrils would work better." I said as I shut the bathroom door behind me.

.....

*I usually loved the smell of coffee, but I don't know why all the coffee we had at home made me want to puke...And I did puke.*

"What!? So you just woke up one morning and decided to dislike the smell of coffee?" Hope looked at me with her mouth slightly open.

"I...I guess so?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I want to go for a run, would you like to join me?." I asked Hope as I put on my adidas shoes.

"You want to go for a run?." Hope eyed me suspiciously.

"Yes, I just need to clear my head." I said.

"Ok...Give me a minute, I need to change my outfit." Hope said as she walked into her room.

.........

*Hope had stopped at a confectionery shop to buy us some donuts, while I had kept on jogging.*

*I was blasting Art Deco by Lana del Rey in my headphones as I jogged pass a small pizza shop called Rico's pizza, I looked at it cause I had never noticed it...I didn't usually walk pass here, cause it wasn't my route. I scanned the pizza shop slowly with my eyes, and my heart jumped out my ass, my eyes picked out an extremely familiar silhouette of someone I thought I knew.*

*I squinted my eyes to make sure I saw right. My eyes landed on an old lady with blonde hair who caught me staring at her. I immediately looked down at my shoes, like it was the most interesting thing on earth.*

'Why did I imagine Maybelle, did I see Maybelle?-..No it can't be...' I shocked the feeling off and continued jogging.

'She's dead...I saw her corpse in a picture...That was just a random old lady, with blonde hair.' I said to myself.

"Hey!" I looked back at Hope who had a squeezed face.

*I pulled my headphones off and walked towards her.*

"Aren't you tired of running yet?!" Hope grumbled.

"My legs are hurting!" Hope pouted.

"I'm not- Okay let's go home..." I said as I interlocked her arm with mine.

*I was also starting to feel really tired.*

......

*Just as we were about to get into the skyscraper, a delicious aroma lingered right into my nostrils.*

"Mhmm~ What is that!?" I asked Hope, as I walked back out of the skyscraper.

"Its Phở....." Hope replied looking at me with confusion.

"You told me weeks ago you didn't like the smell?...." Hope added.

"What!? it smells so delicious!." I said as I inhaled the delicious aroma.

"Is your nose okay today?...Are you okay?, You're asking for things you don't normally eat...and the things you normally eat irritates you?.." Hope asked.

"It's not that deep!..Let's go get some pho!" I said as I pulled her toward the smell.

"Humm.." Hope hummed.

"This restaurant has been here since but you never gave it any thought." Hope said.

"Oh well... today is it's day to shine." I smiled happily as I walked into the cute little shop.

..........

*As we walked into the apartment I hurriedly walked towards the dinning table, to sit down and tried to catch my breath.*

'Why I'm I so tired...' I thought as I drank the bottle of water Hope had given me.

"Thank you." I smiled at her.

"You're welcome...Are you sure you're okay?" Hope asked me for the nth time.

"Oh my gosh!...I am, do I look sick or something?" I asked.

"Nope...it's just that-" I unintentionally cut her off.

"You know what this pho would be good with!?." I asked.

"Mozzarella sticks!" I smiled and hurriedly picked up my phone to order it right away.

"You're eating all the things you normally don't eat?" Hope looked at me seriously.

"So?.." I asked.

"You have breathlessness..." Hope added.

"I went for a long run!?" I said.

"You puked this morning?" Hope asked.

"Yeah because of the smell of coffee..." I answered.

"Humm... Zarelda have you and Brair...." Hope raised her eyebrows.

"Have Brair and I what!?" I glared at her.

"Nevermind...?" Hope said squinting her eyes at me.

'What the fuck!?'

"...." I frowned, as I pushed the now empty bowl of pho away from me.

"Zarelda I think you maybe pregnant....." Hope said as she sat on the kitchen counter.

"Hahaha!" I laughed.

"Yeah right-" I rolled my eyes.

'Wait....' My smile dropped.

*I remembered Brair hadn't used any protection, and I remembered I wasn't on any protection either...*

"....." I started breathing heavily, my chest tightned as I realized I could indeed be pregnant.

"I'm just guessing, I'm not sure..." Hope said shrugging her shoulders.

"It's okay, calm down." Hope added as she walked towards me.

"It's not okay- oh my God!- I can't..I can't be." I said as I pulled on my hair.

*I imagined me giving birth on the island, and the poor child being trained to become an assassin like other Rangers. I panicked as I imagined the child holding a gun and pulling the trigger on someone at a very young age. I imagined the kid asking for their other parent...would I tell the poor child that I killed his or her mom?. I panicked hard, my whole body began to shake, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't speak, I couldn't move, all of a sudden I saw the room go upsidedown and I blacked out*

-----------
A/N

(Phở). is a Vietnamese dish of slow-simmered broth, typically prepared with beef bones, served with rice noodles, protein (such as beef, chicken or plant-based protein) and toppings.

Is she pregnant tho? 🤷

Hola! 😚💕

👀👉⭐