8. Sneaking Out

I woke up at midnight and snuck out of the house. I drove to the Salvatore house. I wanted to talk to Damon. I knocked on the front door. Stefan answered.
"Hello. Who are you?" He asked me.
"I'm a friend of Damon's. Karoline Mikealson."
"Mikealson? As in Klaus?"
"Yeah," I said smiling. Stefan invited me in. We sat in the parlor and I told him how I didn't trust anyone in my family other than Elijah. I needed Stefan to trust me.
"Elijah is the good Original," Stefan said.
I nodded and laughed. Damon walked in and saw me. He told me to follow him outside.
"Why are you here, Karoline," He asked me.
"I wanted to apologize about how I acted. I'm sorry, Damon."
Damon sighed and hugged me. I breathed in his familiar scent. He pulled back.
"I'm dating someone now. Its serious," Damon said.
I nodded. "Who?"
"Elena."
I groaned. "Get over her!"
Damon laughed. He walked back in and I went back to Stefan. Stefan smiled.
"You remind me of a friend."
"Who," I asked.
"Lexi," Stefan said.
I knew her. Her and I were best friends. When I learned she was dead, something inside of me died.
"I knew her. We were best friends," I told Stefan.
We got into a huge discussion on Lexi and her awesomeness.
"Damon killed her," Stefan said. I gasped. "Oh my God!"
I hugged Stefan. Stefan pulled back and I looked into his beautiful green eyes. He smiled and said I should leave. I agreed and hugged him goodbye.
Once home, no one was awake, so I was able to get back in okay. I laid in bed, thinking of Lexi, Damon killing Lexi, and Stefan. Soon enough, I fell asleep. Dreams came and went, never staying too long. Dreams of Lexi dying and Damon killing her. It was brutal.