Chapter 16

The hours quickly unfolded like a golden hour tripping in the day, Freen was left wondering what was wrong with her wife. There was a stagnant reminder of Becky's sudden aggression and cravings of weird things she rarely heard her wife demanded. She remained still, the other side of the bed dip with Becky's weight and her soft breathing. Her arms wrapped around Freen's torso and her face hidden on the crook of Freen's neck.

She tried to sleep, but her mind won't let her ease up for the night. It was already late, yet her senses are as strong as broad daylight.

Why is Becky suddenly craving for weird things ? Why is she suddenly demanding for foods? She thought. She can't deny the growing curiosity pitching in the pit of her stomach.

Having enough of the thoughts, Freen  slowly got up from the bed careful not to wake her wife's slumber. She paused for a moment and took a perfect view of her wife's features pressing a soft kiss on her forehead pulling the blanket up to her shoulder before slowly inching away.

She have to clear her mind and this very bed won't help at all. As she walked out of the door, her feet stumbled towards Fin's room, the silence indicating the slumber of the little girl's room. She slip in for the meantime checking her daughter. The little girl is fast asleep lying on her side with a care bear held in her chest.

"Oh baby." She exclaimed rubbing Fin's hair. Their daughter is indeed ethereal, the soft glow of her face highlights her features when she is hit by light, her sharp prominent nose is perfect, you can tell from a very young age that this kid has a bright future ahead of her. 

Freen stood up from the bed, Fin who was fast asleep stirred and pulled Freen's wrist wanting her to stay.

"Momma?" She retorted.

"Yes hun?"

"Are you okay?" She inquired. Her gaze pure innocence and love.

"I am baby, mommy is fine." She replied. " I just came in to check on you."

The little girl smiled softly, her hands cupping Freen's torso wanting to pull her mother closer.

"Can you sleep with me momma?"

Freen smiled. Her eyes reaching the depths of heavens as she smiled. " I'll gladly want to baby." Both of them tucked their bodies under the covers, Fin cuddled tightly towards Freen and inhaled her mother's perfume.

"Goodnight momma, I love you."

"Goodnight my baby, momma love you too. So much." Freen presses her cheeks on Fin's head, her warmth enveloping the kid's body. "Let's sleep now baby."

As if on cue, Freen fell asleep directly as she wrapped her arms on her daughter. Turns out another human being who can bring her calm aside from her wife is Finley. Her daughter.  Her sunshine.

Before her eyes finally closes in, her mind whispered. Tomorrow i'm gonna go bring Becky in the hospital. Tomorrow.

//

There was a soft glow of sunlight peeking in the blind of Fin's room. The tumultuous sensation in her stomach finally subsided creating rooms for easiness. When she rolled on her left, the brightness of the sun reflected her face, the sun was quiet up too high.  Each ray hitting Freen's face highlighting her perfect glory, slowly, her eyes shut open.

"Fin?" The bed was empty, Fin was not on her side of the bed anymore. "Baby?"

"In here momma." She shifted her gaze, Fin was sitting on her mini table, a book was laying softly on her lap. She's reading, what a wonderful child. It is a trait she inherited from both her parents.