Chapter 11- Crossing Boundaries

Tuesday, 5 December 2023

Song - Perfect by Ed Shereen

Rafaella awoke at sunrise, sending Hazel and Chloe a message that she wanted to go to the coffee shop for some privacy to plan the surprise baby shower.

After sending the message, she put on her running shoes, tied up her hair and left for a morning run on the beach.

She decided not to change out of her pj's as she doubted that she would meet anyone during her run.

Unbeknown to her Nicholas usually also ran on the beach on some early mornings. He noticed her leaving her home and decided not to interrupt her, knowing she needed the space to make sense of her emotions. He decided instead to do a workout at home.

Nicholas was insanely attracted to Rafaella. Her presence ignited a passion within him that was both electrifying and consuming. There was an urgency in his desire to make her his submissive, a craving he had never experienced with such intensity before. However, Nicholas was also acutely aware of the need to proceed with caution. He understood that he had to give Rafaella the space and time to come to him on her own terms.

He deeply respected her strength and independence. Nicholas didn't just want to dominate her; he wanted to see her flourish and grow into her best possible self. He believed that a true submissive relationship could only thrive if Rafaella was fully herself, strong and empowered.

After only speaking to her for a day, Nicholas felt an unexpected yet profound sense of protectiveness toward her. There was something in her voice, a hint of pain and vulnerability that tugged at his heartstrings. He yearned to shield her from that pain, to provide a safe haven where she could be free.

On her way back home, she noticed a response from both Chloe and Hazel, telling her they could leave before 8am. Hazel said she would leave Isla and Leo with John.

It was 7am by the time Rafaella got home and she quickly showered, wearing a simple denim jeans and a plain light blue t-shirt. She dried and straightened her hair, leaving it open.

The three girls were out of the house whilst everyone else was still asleep, tired from the late night.

Rafaella told Hazel she was meeting an old friend later so she would busy and Chloe gave her a questioning gaze. Rafaella sent a quick text to Chloe telling her she has a date with Nicholas and Chloe nodded to her friend after reading it.

Rafaella mentioned to Hazel that she would be meeting an old friend later, implying that she would be busy for the afternoon and early evening. Hazel accepted the explanation without much thought, but Chloe, gave Rafaella a questioning gaze.

Sensing Chloe's curiosity, Rafaella discreetly sent a quick text message to her: "I have a date with Nicholas."

Chloe glanced down at her phone as it buzzed, reading the message quickly. A knowing smile spread across her face, and she nodded subtly to Rafaella, signalling her approval. The silent exchange between the friends was brief but filled with meaning. Chloe's nod reassured Rafaella, giving her a boost of confidence about the date ahead.

The girls spent the next few hours calling vendors and Rafaella was glad for the distraction. Focusing on the baby shower meant she didn't dwell on her upcoming date and talk herself out of it. She agreed with a lot of Nicholas and her had discussed last night and for the first time since her separation, she saw hope for her romantic life. But, she forced herself to not get her hopes up and overly romanticise the situation.

They had already decided on a Winnie the pooh theme yesterday. Baby blue and light yellow was the aim. They managed to find a caterer and a décor vendor that was available, but they could not find a florist.