23: Awkward Dinner

"Hurry we don't want to be late." Liz said as she exited the front door.

"I'm coming." Jen said as she walked out of her room.

Ash and I walked out of my room and out the front door. We got in the very back seats of Liz's 7 seat car. Luke and Liz sat in the very front, Jen sat in the middle, and Ash and I sat in the very back.

"So, do you know why they're asking us over?" Liz questioned as she started the car and left the driveway.

"My aunt wants to get the adoption papers signed. 'Cause technically I'm still under her supervision." I explained.

"It'll feel better to know that you'll actually be legally my child. I hated the fact that you weren't officially mine yet. You are easy to take care of. Honestly, sometimes it's like your not even there, you aren't a hassle. I mean that in the best possible way." Liz said with caution.

I shrugged, "I think she just couldn't handle a fourth child in the house."

"Maybe..." Liz said quietly, ending the conversation.

We sat there, so I turned on the music on my phone on shuffle and played it. The first song was 'Hells Bells' by ACDC.

Ashton gasped and smiled, I laughed, "And you took away my music."

"Well I didn't know you had ACDC on here!" Ashton said with shock.

"Yea, I have a lot on here, you can choose a song." I handed him my phone and he scrolled through my some 800 songs. He finally settled on 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' by Green Day.

I leaned my head on the head rest and smiled "I forgot I had this song."

"With so much music I understand why." Ashton giggled.

"Ash!" Luke said excitedly.

Ash laughed at Luke's sudden burst of energy, "What?"

"We should start a band! You play drums, right?"

"Yea maybe we could but neither of us writes music." Ash said quietly.

"We can find someone." Luke said.

"We're here!" Liz said as she parked her car on the sidewalk. We all exited the car and walked towards the front door. Liz rang the doorbell and I saw a face that I wasn't expecting. Calum.

I panicked and grabbed Ashton's hand. Ash was slightly shocked and looked at me with a slight smile. "Are you okay!" he whispered to me. Liz was talking to Calum, so he wasn't paying attention.

"I didn't know HE was going to be here!" I whispered in shock. "I just don't want to be near him... for the rest of my life." I said.

"Why?"

"His bitch ex-girlfriend, and the fact that he believed her bull crap." I said with an even quieter voice.

"Oh, this guy?" Ash whispered and pointed a thumb at him.

"Yea." I turned back to everyone else and we entered the house. Calum led us into the living room where him and Michael were playing FIFA. Michael got up and smiled at me.

"Rose, it feels like it's been forever." he said as he gave me a hug.

"I know, it almost feels longer than when I lived halfway across the world." I said dramatically.

Michael coughed and said, "smart ass" in between.

"I take pride in it, thank you very much." I smiled proudly. "Oh and this is my brother Luke." I pulled the nervous Luke forward.