Chapter 42 We're going home!

Kalina's POV.
Three months later.
.................................................................................
So it's now been three months since I found my mum and dad. Chief Forest was happy to see them still alive and happier still that their was more dragons to protect them. But today was the big day. Today Thunder and Dawn are one year old. Which means that Rusty can ride Thunder. Actually lets just say that he already is riding Thunder. I walked outside to see Thunder fly past and up into the sky. Rusty was cheering from on top of him. That's when Karniki came up.
"Hey. Do you reckon I could ride Dawn?"
"Of course! I think she'd like that." I replied before I whistled Dawn. She came bounding over from the forge with a brand new saddle on her back.
"Hop on and have fun." I smiled as Karniki mounted Dawn. Dawn opened her wings and shot off into the air. Karniki at first screamed and then after a few minutes she shouted with joy. Dawn did twists and turns alongside Thunder. Star, Toothless and Storm joined them up in the air. ( Toothless's tail was on auto). It was quite entertaining to watch five Night Furies fly together in perfect formation. Two of them with riders. I had also found out in the past three months that Storm glows deep red. Mum and dad were happy to be back home and to have their two daughters back. But having a happy family and a boyfriend weren't the only things on my mind. Berk was on my mind. One day we will have to go back and try to defeat Drago, or die trying. Hiccup was actually already making plans on heading back. I guess that we did have a better chance of winning this time. I mean, it was just Berk against Drago and his men and dragons. But now it would be Berk, Alvin and the Outcasts, and mum and dads dragons against Drago. Those odds seem a lot better.

It was currently midday. And I was walking along the beach when Astrid ran up.
"Did you hear the news?" She nearly jumped up and down with excitement.
"What's news?" I stopped and looked at her curiously.
"We're leaving for Berk in two weeks!!" She shouted for joy.
"We.....we are?" I said slowly, as I tried to digest what she had just said. I do want to go to back to Berk. But at the same time my family was here. Astrid must have noticed that I wasn't looking extremely happy.
"Are you okay?" She asked more calmly.
"Yeah, I'm fine. It's great news! I just didn't think we'd be leaving so soon." I replied looking at the village.
"True. It surprised me as well. But I was more worried about the thought of losing again." Astrid walked away and I followed her. As she said that, a thought came into my head. I was going to tell her but decided to keep it to myself.
"Well. I guess I better start packing." I said instead. Astrid nodded and we went our own separate ways.

...........................................Time Skip.............................................
1 week later.
.................................................

"I can't believe we are going home in one week!" Fishlegs shouted excitedly. It was nearly dinner time and the sun was almost gone. The gang and I were all sitting around a campfire on the beach, waiting for our mutton to cook. The thought of leaving in a week was making everyone excited and nervous at the same. It turns out that Karniki, mum and dad are going to come and help fight. But mum and dad are going to come back afterwards, whereas Karniki is going to live at Berk for a while. If we win. Dawn had grown fond of Karniki and wants her to be her rider. Whilst Karniki likes Dawn, she doesn't want Sky to feel bad.
"Hello......Kalina! Earth to Kalina!" Snotlout waved his hand in front of my face. I had obviously gotten distracted in my thoughts and wasn't focusing.
"Huh....what? Oh, sorry. I was just thinking." I quickly stood up and stretched, trying to make my body wake up. I didn't succeed.
"I think I might go to bed." I yawned and walked away from the campfire.
"What about dinner?" Snotlout looked at me worried.
"I'm not hungry. You can have it." I answered. Know one else said anything so I went to bed.