Chapter 43 Home! Its only a day away.

Kalina's POV.
Day before leaving.
..............................................
It's now early morning. Today is the last day of staying here on Tree-Top Island. Because tomorrow we leave for Berk. I had already packed all my stuff that I needed and I was already dressed in my armour. Gobber and Buck (the Forge owner) had made all the dragons some sort of armour. Dawn and Thunder had matching armour. It was silver in colour with grey streaks. They both had leg wraps and a head helmet. But Rusty had added something to Thunder that was really cool. He had placed movable armour along the rim of his wings, so that when he tucks his wings in the armour just overlaps. Karniki had decided to make Dawn her own, so she copied Rusty's idea with the wing armour but she made hers an aqua colour. Mum had placed black armour on Storm so he wouldn't show up in the dark so much. I was currently in the forge making Karniki a present. It was a Night Fury helmet but it was silver edged and I had added the plastic blue eye thing as well. And I was planning to give it to her in a minute. But as I heard Gobber say hello to her I knew that, that minute was about to become a second.
"Hey Kalina! You in there?" She knocked on the door to the back room.

"Yeah come in!" I shouted to her. She opened it carefully and crept inside. I was standing up and looking innocent, but Karniki wasn't dumb.
"Alright. Spit it out! Your hiding something." She stood there with her hands on her hips. She actually looked like Astrid for a second.
"Wow! Astrid just kicked in. And I have something for you." I replied. I then showed her the mask.
"This for you to wear during the battle." I said slowly. She took and admired it, before putting it on. She smiled because it was a perfect fit. It looked awesome on her and made her look a lot more grown up.
"I love it! Thank you!" She jumped around and hugged me.
"Theirs more to it. Press the button on the right side." I said. She moved her fingers over the side of the mask and pressed the button. Sure enough, the blue eye covers rolled in front of her eyes making them look blue but with no pupil. She gasped and looked in the mirror.
"That looks so cool!! Thank you so much!! I can't wait to wear it." She hugged me again, and I hugged back.

........................................Time Skip.......................................

"Hey Babe. Do you wanna go for a walk on the peaceful beach?" Snotlout walked up to me and held my hand. It was a calm and cloudless evening. Perfect for a night walk with your boyfriend.
"Yes I think I'd like that." I replied. He smiled and we started to walk towards the beach.

.........................................................................
Astrid's POV.
........................................
It was evening and I was currently making sure that I had everything packed and ready to go. I still can't believe that we are going home! I was excited but really nervous and worried at the same time. Nervous about the upcoming battle, and worried about Hiccup. Oh sure I was worried about everyone else, but Hiccup is my boyfriend and possibly future husband. So I had a right to worry. I placed my axe on my bed and took a breather for a second. I walked to the window in my bedroom and looked outside. I saw Snotlout and Kalina walking towards the beach. I still don't understand what she sees in that half brained idiot. But at the same time I don't understand what Ruffnut sees in Eret, so I won't say anymore. Their was a knock at my door. I opened it and saw a very tired Hiccup.
"Hiccup! What have you been doing? You like like you've already battled Drago and come back." I grabbed him and sat him down on my bed.
"Well I've been going around to every single Berkian to make sure that their ready for going tommorow. And I suddenly realised how tired I am. So I came to ask you a favour." He explained tiredly.
"Sure! What can I do!"
"Well......if you don't mind......could you help me get ready for leaving tommorow?" He gave me a goofy smile and his eyes were pleading.
"I'll help you on one condition." I started. He stood up and waited for my answer. I walked up to him and kissed him on the lips. He kissed back.
"That's all." I finished. He chuckled and we both walked outside.