Chapter 1: Detention

"April! Wake up, you have school today." My mom yelled up the stairs. Ugh! She had the nerve to wake me up on the last day of school. I really didn't want to go but since I wanted a good laugh I decided to prank my teachers.

I got up, showered, and picked out my clothes for today. I decided on a white blouse with black skinny jeans. I used the flat iron for my hair and accessorized with silver earrings and bangles. I went downstairs and saw a note on the counter.

April
Your step dad and I are going to gone this weekend because of our business trip. Try not to mess up the house this time. Love you. There's a thousand dollars in the chest for you.
Mom

Of course. They would leave me here again. They never have any time for me, it's like I'm invisible. My mom is an accountant while my step dad is a lawyer. As you can see, we are pretty rich. I guess that means I'm going to throw a party tomorrow. I throw some toast in the toaster and as I wait for it to pop the door bell rings. One if the maids rushes to get it.

"Miss April, Miss Alexis has arrived." The maid says as she curtsies before walking away.

"Alexis!" I scream excitedly. Alexis has been my best friend since we were in kindergarten. We were the closest of friends that I always call her my sister. Alexis knew all about my past and what he did to me. I still have nightmares of him. The crazed look in his eyes and the . . . Pop! I forgot all about my toast because I was deep in thought. I grab the toast and eat it while chatting with Lexi ( Alexis's Nickname).

"Did he come back here again?" Alexis asked worriedly.

"Not since I beat the crap out of him." I replied.

We finished our breakfast and drove to school in my blue Audi. I walked in to school receiving the usual scared looks from some people and glares from some of the girls. I went to homeroom 15 minutes late as usual.

"Mrs. Smith, you are 15 minutes late. Care to explain why you're late again?" The teacher said in a monotone voice.

"No, that's just a waste of my time." I replied as I took my seat. Some people laughed as I have Lexi a high five.

"DETENTION!" The teacher yelled at me in fury.

The teacher gave me a slip and instead of going to detention I decided to grab some spray paint from my car. I walked down the halls and sprayed everything in sight. The walls, posters, signs, and even doors. Soon enough the whole school was covered and by that time the bell for first period rang.

"Mrs.Smith, please report to the principal's office." The intercom blasted.

They could've chased me down the halls but they had to say my name over the intercom. Instead of going to the principal's office, I decided to ditch school. I texted Lexi to tell everyone she knows that there will be a party at my place. I went to the store and got drinks and food since I already had my iPad dock for music. After that I went home and told the servants to get ready for the party. You see the servants' jobs were to make sure everyone was having fin and to clean up the mess after. Some people may call me lazy but I don't care, it's my life. When Lexi got here, we started deciding on what to wear. For Lexi, I decided on white lace dress that reached mid thigh. I paired it with silver earrings and black heels. For me, Lexi picked out a black version of her dress.

Around 8, people started arriving. The music was blasting, people were wasted, and people were doing body shots. I had to admit I always threw the wildest parties. There was so much commotion that I didn't even notice that I was roughly shoved into a room.

"Did you think you could get rid of me that easily?" His voice made me look up and meet the crazed look in his eyes.