The Proposal

A/N: Okay guys, this is it! The moment some of have been waiting for and I'm pretty sure, I've been pretty excited about this as well... :)

I hope you guys enjoy this!

NOT Beta-read, all mistakes are mine~

**

If you're going to ask who proposed first, then their friends will probably tell you that Stiles did, why? Because people know that Derek doesn't like to use his words sometimes and Stiles likes his words, so... yea... but that's where they're wrong though.

Derek was the one who proposed first. It wasn't at an extravagant party or at New Year's with all of the fireworks up in the air... no, that's now how Derek works. He loves his privacy very much.

It was one weekend with Stiles. At the beach. Where they were alone. There's a candlelit dinner while the waves crashed softly on the shore.

They weren't wearing suits, because Derek knows that Stiles doesn't really enjoy suits unless he's taking them off of Derek.

No, Derek was wearing jeans and a blue v-neck shirt while Stiles was wearing a red shirt and those obscene pants that Lydia bought him. They didn't wear shoes because who wears them at the beach?

"You really went miles ahead with this one, huh?" Stiles asked as he smiled behind his glass of wine.

Derek chuckled and said, "C'mon, you think I'm going to let you outdo me every time? This is our second anniversary and I wanted something different for the two of us..."

A slight blush crept up Stiles' cheeks and Derek knew he was doing the right thing.

Their conversation drifted in not long after. They began talking about how Laura has to be oblivious of Derek's new partner, Jordan Parrish, actually has a crush on her. Derek thinks that Jordan was thinking of asking her but never really got the chance because she was always with Erica or Isaac whenever she visited the station.

Stiles thinks that they should totally set them up on a date.

They also talk about the Chief and Melissa, Scott and Isaac... mostly everything back home.

**

They left their table and began walking down the beach in comfortable silence; shoulders brushing against each other and before they knew it, they stopped and look at each other with wide smiles on their faces.

"What's wrong? You're acting very weird, Derek Hale." Stiles snorted as he playfully scowled at his boyfriend.

But Derek just hummed in response and then he went down on one knee before saying, "Stiles, baby... I know that we've only been together for two years... well, four if you count the dancing around each other that started when you were a freshman... but, I can't imagine my life without you."

Stiles' eyes widened, he gasped as he clamped down his hand over his mouth, not really trusting what will his mouth say if he doesn't let Derek finish.

"I know I'm grumpy and I know you call me Sourwolf whenever you think I can't hear you, but the thing is, I let you and it's fucking amazing. I love you and waking up to you every single time, makes me want more. So... Stiles, will you do me the honor of being mine forever?" The man said with a shaky breath and wide pleading eyes staring up at the man who holds his heart.

Stiles, on the other hand, breathed in and went down on his knees to cup Derek's face and kiss him, murmuring his answer with soft kisses, "Yes..." a kiss on the lips, "I will..." a kiss on the cheeks, "marry you..." a kiss on the forehead.

And Derek, being the happiest man alive that day, tackled his boyfriend-- fiance to the sand and kissed him, hot and full of passion.

"I love you." Derek said when he pulled away, staring down into those beautiful molten brown eyes that see right through him.

And below him, Stiles huffs out a soft laugh and said, "I love you more..."

So, if you ask the couple who proposed first, Stiles will go on and tell you how Derek did an extraordinary romantic gesture to show him how much he really loved him.

He may also tell you about the following events after the proposal, with the skinny dipping and sex on the beach... but that's for another time.

**

A/N: Yea... I know it's short... but hey, you all enjoyed it, right? :)