Flirting Stage (2)

"Scott, I'm not going anywhere. I have to finish a piece for next month's whatever charity something... Ugh..." Stiles said as he drops down on the couch with his phone cradled between his shoulder and ear.

But duuuuuuude, you have to come. Isaac will be there and I need my wingman. Scott whines from the other side of the phone, which got Stiles smiling because he knows that his best friend doesn't really need a wingman anymore.

"Scotty, you don't need a wingman. You have Lydia and Danny with you there," he pauses for a bit to untie his shoes, "Isaac thinks you're hot and will probably stick next to you all night."

Really? You really think so? Okay then, but just so you know, Erica and Boyd will also be there... So, it'll probably mean that You-Know-Who will be there. His best friend said, but before Stiles could answer, Scott already hung up.

"You-Know-Who? What the fuck is that guy talking about?" He said to himself as he stared at his phone.

A couple of minutes later, his phone dings.

From: Scotty
You-Know-Who means Derek Hale, brah. Ttyl! Gonna njoy dis party wit my man. XD

Stiles couldn't help himself from rolling his eyes.

To: Scotty
Ugh... Still not going to that party. Say hi to Derek for me. Btw, don't drink and drive, please.

He doesn't a reply after. He completely ignores his phone and proceeds to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

**

"Hey, guys.." Derek approaches Scott and Isaac at the bar in Lydia's house.

"Hey, dude. You with Erica and Boyd?" Scott greets back with a wide grin.
"Hi, Derek. Want some?" Isaac offers a bottle of beer to Derek, which he accepts.

Derek glanced from left to right but couldn't seem to find the one person he's lookin for.

"He's not here. He has a piece that needs his attention tonight." Scott supplies, and Isaac smiles at him.

"I'm... you too? I guess, I dressed up for nothing, huh?" Derek sputtered around with his words, taking a swig and places it on the table, "I'll see you guys next time. I'm off."

Scott and Isaac exchanged glances and the two knew where Derek will be headin off to.

**

Stiles finished half of his piece after two hours. He was staring at the orange and yellows of the sunset, and half of the blues and whites of the ocean.

He decided to stand up for a bit and stretch his legs. He fished out his phone from his pocket but there was no text from Scott nor his Dad, just a few notifications of tagged photos from the party.

His trail of thoughts suddenly cuts short when the doorbell rang. He wiped away the excess paint from his hands and headed towards the door.

When he opened the door, Derek was standing there with two paper bags full of food from the smell of it and a slightly embarrassed smile on the man's face.

"Hey."

**

Derek doesn't even know what he's doing here in front of Stiles' apartment, with two bags of food as well.

He contemplated on ringing the doorbell but seemed adamant on not doing anything except for just standing there like an idiot holding two paper bags of food.

He left the party one hour ago and decided that if he wanted to see Stiles, he better have a reason for doing so... and now he's here. So, now what?