Three

Melissa's POV

5:37 am. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

It's felt like I've been inside of this hospital for ages. After the doctor told me that when he reached Luke's parents, that live in Australia may I add, are on their way to LA, which is a fourteen hour long trip, I knew I had to stay with him. At least until his family comes.

I just recently found an outlet to charge my phone, with some nurse's charger that he lent me, so I can call Olivia and tell her what happened. She must be so worried that I didn't call her last night.

On the second ring she answered. "Melissa Dawn Caprice." Olivia stated my full name in a scolding tone. "I have been up since you left awaiting your call, I thought something happened to you!"

I nod, but remember she cannot see me. "Sorry, Livi. It's just that.." I look around then sit down on a nearby waiting chair. "There was an accident on the highway."

"Oh my God! Are you alright?" I heard a bit of shuffling on the other line. "Did anyone get hurt?"

I cringe at the memory from last night. "Yeah, a guy. His car flipped over, I called the ambulance from his phone. Mine was dead." I sigh, "He's actually in surgery right now."

"Did you get home?"

"No. I'm waiting for his parents to come so I can leave." I twirl the charger cord with my pointer finger. "I can't just leave him here."

"What's his name?" Liv asked, shaky. Olivia is very innocent and cares a lot for people, so this must be hard for her to listen.

"Luke." I whisper, like it's dangerous to say his name aloud. I clear my throat, "Liv I think you should go to bed now, it's almost 6 am and you have morning classes. I'll keep you updated."

I hear a yawn, "Okay. I'll see you soon, please be careful—wherever you are. It's a dangerous world out there and," I hear another yawn, "I love you, Mel."

I chuckle at my best friend's drowsiness, "Alright, Liv. Sleep well, love you too." I hang up and put my phone back into my purse. As I close my purse, though, Luke's phone glows with a notification. Three missed calls. One from 'Future Wifey' and two from 'Mikey'. Right before I can swipe Mikey's name to call back, Luke's doctor approaches me, wearing a clean pair of dark blue scrubs and white tennis shoes, a white lab coat nicely covering him halfway. 'Dr. George O'Malley' is imprinted on the upper right side.

"Ms. Caprice, how are you feeling?" He smiles sympathetically. "Do you need any coffee? Tea?"

"How's Luke?" I ask, rising to my feet. "Is he okay? How did the surgery go?"

"The surgery went extraordinary. Luke is sleeping right now, but I'm thankful to say he'll only leave with a cast on his leg and a few cuts and bruises, on his face, that'll heal in no time!" Dr. O'Malley smiles then asks, "Do you want to see him? You can take your things in there and sleep, you seem pretty tired. No offence, or anything."

I nod, "Thank you."

"No problem. It'll be comforting if the first person he sees is his significant lover, once he awakens." Dr. O'Malley looks back at me as we walk through the long hospital corridor. "I can tell you care a lot for him."

Oh, um. I may have told the doctors that I'm his five year long girlfriend, so they can keep me updated. So once Luke wakes up and notices an awkward potato looking at him, I'm going to be dead.