8 | Cartoons

Titli Basu

Titli Basu

" Gazab ka hai din.....socho Zara....yeh dewana pan....mhmmmm...tum ho akele ...hum bhi mhmhmmm....." I didn't even understand when I started singing.

My lips were dancing with a big smile, and eyes were deeply focused on someone's cheeks.

Only his cheeks were visible to me as I was sitting behind him.

Ahmm....him means my only crush, the most favourite math teacher, my Agastya sir!

Hehe....I wish this ride never stops and we keep on going and going & going.....

" Gazab ka hai din ...soch---huh!"

But the bike stopped. Just as I prayed for it to not stop, it just stopped.

" What happened sir? Bike kharab hogaya kya?" I brought my face closer to him to ask.

" Accha gaa leti ho tum" it was the reply.

I fisted my hands tightly hearing him. No words were coming to lips only the embarrassment was written on my face.

" We have reached our destination Titli baki ka gana ghar mein karna" he added further.

Was that last line needed? It felt like he was teasing me. Why? Don't i sing good? Now all sudden i was feeling like someone hurt my pride. And even his teasing was dripping in his serious tone. Why does he have to be so freaking serious all the freaking time?

Honestly He is kinda boring but that's play too as I have already read that opposition poles attracts each other! I'm interesting enough to match the boring agastya sir!

" Why are you giggling? You have to get down" suddenly my chain of thoughts broke. I even got to know that I ...I was smiling? When I did start smiling?

Breaking my mind from all the other thoughts, I gazed at my house. It was really standing just infront of us. And with that my gazab ka din ended.

A tiny pout formed on my lips as I swung my legs over the bike's seat and got off finally.

" Be careful" another voice echoed in the background. My pout was replaced with a grin within a moment.

" Yes I am." I said loud. What I couldn't say was 'i don't have to be when you are around'

Just as I took my first step towards the door, a hand grasped mine, pulling me back. Initially, I stumbled, but quickly regaining my balance, I turned to face him - Agastya sir.

His gaze locked onto mine. And I couldn't look away, fascinated by the depth of his eyes. My face grew hotter, and I felt my heart racing wildly within my ribcage. That's the silly magic he does always to me. He has been doing to me since the first day maybe.

Luckily I'm wearing his helmet, otherwise he would have seen the amount of redness on my face.

Suddenly I felt a touch on my chin. I shivered visibly and looked down to find his fingers doing something on my chin. It took one more second to understand that he was opening that helmet.