24

24 - miss. secretive

KACEY'S HOME
los angeles, california
may 30, 2024
thursday
6pm

i had spent all day locked away in my room writing what would be a love song for callum.

i was so caught up in my writing, lost in my own thoughts and emotions. my heart felt full as i poured out my love and adoration for callum onto the page. it was becoming my most emotional song yet aside from velvet elvis, of course.

finally, after a spending the entire day on this, i had finished the song. i read over it again, feeling proud of what i had created. i knew it was exactly what i wanted it to be. i closed my notebook and collapsed back onto the bed, feeling exhausted but satisfied.

i grabbed my phone and called my producer. the phone rang a few times before my producer picked up. "hey kacey, what's up?" he said, his voice cheerful.

"hey, i have something i want to play for you," i replied, my voice filled with excitement. i was eager to show him my new song and get his thoughts on it.

"shoot," he said, sounding curious. "i'm all ears."

i smiled to myself, feeling happy that he was open to hearing my song. "great," i said, "i'll facetime you now and play it for you."

"sounds good," he said before the call turned into a facetime.

i immediately started singing out the lyrics that i written in my notebook whilst watching his reaction through the screen. i hoped that he would love it as much as me.

he listened intently, a smile slowly growing on his face. "wow, kacey, this is amazing. you really poured your heart into it."

i beamed at the compliment, feeling validated. "you like it?" i asked, needing reassurance.

"like it? i love it," he said, clearly impressed. "i think it's some of your best work yet. and the vulnerability in it is just so raw and real."

"i'm glad you think so," i said, my chest swelling with pride. "i really need to get this put out there soon though."

he nodded. "yeah, i get it. the world needs to hear this song. we have to start the recording process right away."

i smiled widely, feeling a sense of accomplishment. "perfect. let's get to work." i replied, energized to get this song out into the world.

"you got it, kacey." he said before ending the call. i laid back down on my bed, exhausted from the day's events but content.

°˖✧✿✧˖°

KACEY'S STUDIO
los angeles, california
may 31, 2024
friday
11am

i walked into the studio, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves. i was ready to start recording the song that i had worked so hard on.

i nodded at the producers and engineers who were already there, preparing the studio for the recording session. i sat down at the microphone, taking a deep breath as i felt adrenaline course through me.

i looked over at the control room where my producer was, giving me a thumbs up and a smile. i smiled back, feeling reassured.

i glanced at the lyrics i had written, not needing them but wanting a visual cue just in case. i looked up and gave a nod to signal that i was ready to begin.

the music that my producer had put together started playing and i closed my eyes for a moment, immersing myself in the song. i took another deep breath before starting to sing. the words flowed effortlessly, pouring out of me like they had been dying to get out.