30

30 - perfect for me

DINING HALL
bora bora, french polynesia
thursday
june 12, 2024
9:15am

as callum and i walked into the dining hall, we were a bit shocked to see kourtney seated at the table.

we exchanged a surprised glance, pausing before taking our seats. kourtney looked up, her expression neutral, as if nothing had happened a few nights before.

i could feel a slight tenseness in the air, the memory of her punch from the other night still lingering. callum, however, masked his surprise well by returning kourtney's neutral look with a small smile.

we took our seats across from her, the silence between us growing uncomfortable by the second. i fidgeted with my silverware, trying to act nonchalant.

callum, however, was the first to break the ice. "morning, everyone." he greeted, his tone smooth and relaxed, concealing any lingering unease.

a chorus of "good mornings" echoed back. khloé, always the mediator, spoke up first, "so, this is awkward." she bluntly stated, eyeing kourtney cautiously.

kourtney didn't flinch at khloé's comment. she simply shrugged nonchalantly. "yeah, a bit, i guess." she replied, her gaze fixed on her plate.

i spoke up, "i mean do you not have anything to say?" i pressed.

kourtney finally met my gaze, her expression still neutral. "like what? do you want another apology?" she retorted, a hint of irritation in her voice.

"i think i might've missed the first one, kourt." i said before taking a bite from the plated bowl of fruit in front of me.

khloé snickered at my comment, quickly stifling her laughter. kourtney shot both of us a glare before taking a sip of her coffee.

an awkward silence loomed over the table for a few moments. callum, trying to ease the tension, spoke up. "so, what's the plan for today?" he asked, his voice level and calm.

khloé glanced at a chart, seemingly filled with the week's planned activities. "we have a jet ski tour scheduled." she rattled off the day's itinerary.

i perked up at the mention of jet skis, a small spark of excitement washing over me. "sounds fun." i chirped, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

°˖✧✿✧˖°

WATER
JET SKIS
bora bora, french polynesia
10:30am

the wind was warm against our faces as we zipped through the turquoise waters of bora bora. kylie and timothée were on the jet ski right in front of us. callum had me sitting behind him, my arms wrapped around him tightly, making sure i was secure.

we were both laughing, enjoying the rush of being on the jet ski. the salty sea spray was spraying our faces, the cool mist mingling with the warm air. callum glanced back at me, his eyes sparkling with adrenaline.

"this is great, isn't it!" i yelled out to him.

he laughed, his grip on the handle bars tightening as he turned the jet ski. "yeah, it's an adrenaline rush!" he shouted back, his voice barely reaching me over the engine.

kylie and timothée were ahead of us, screaming and laughing as they made sharp turns here and there. i couldn't help but smile at their carefree expressions.

callum, always the risk taker, increased our speed, the jet ski roaring forward. i squealed and held on tighter to him, the adrenaline surging through my veins.