Prologue

"Please take the egg" a voice so quiet it was barely audible in the noise of the night. The three moons shone brightly over head of the two dragons at the bottom of Jade Mountain.

A dragon with scales of blood held out a fragile egg with beautiful golden and white designs imprinted on it. The mother of the egg made sure she had a good grip on her egg to make sure it wouldn't fall as she held it out.

She was worried or even scared she wasn't sure, but she didn't know what she'd do if he didn't take it. She was always tough and strong, why could a small fragile dragonet make her like this? Maybe it was the fact that the doctor said she'd never be able to have eggs. The mother snorted out loud as smoke rose from her nostrils.

"If my mother knew I had an egg, she'd be her to smash it plus I know you care for her too" she snarled at him before pausing. Her. She'd somehow knew that inside that egg was the Heir to her throne.

The mother stiffened as the figure from the shadows walked into the moonlight. A pale gold dragon stood in front of her, watching her every movement with his beady black eyes. His barbed tail was carelessly laying on the ground as his extra head spikes flared.

"You said you couldn't have eggs my love" his dark voice roughly left his slithering tongue as he stared at her.

"I know I did!" She snapped at him as a tingling feeling rose in her throat. She immediately gulped down the fire and calmed herself.

"She was a miracle" the mother brought her egg close for a minute and closed her eyes while cradling the egg.

"You think the egg will be safer with me?" He sounded gruff saying this as he remembered all the abusive dragons where he lived. He want to give the egg its best chance and that wasn't with him.

"Yes, much safer, away from where the pressures of being different won't get to her" a small single tear slipped down the mothers eye as she thought about her kingdom. She needed to give her daughter a chance to grow up normal.

"Fine" he growled lowly, not at the lmother of his egg, but at himself. He knew he couldn't abandon his egg the way his parents abandoned him. That night he made a promise to himself, a
promise that he'd teach his dragonet to be strong, and that'd he'd always be there to protect her.

"Thank the moons" the mother kept her egg close as she moved closer to him. She held out her egg, but instead of the firm grip she had before it was now shaky because she wasn't ready to let go.

His black eyes stared at his egg as the blood red dragon held it in front of him. The egg was all white with golden spirals placed everywhere, it was simply a piece of art. Millions of thoughts raced through his mind as he held the egg as shaky taloned as the mother did. Will I drop it? Will I be able to protect her? Will they try to take her from me? But the most important thought that kept showing up up was... will I be a good father?

"You'll protect her right?" The mother warned wanting to make sure her egg would be safe in his talons.

"I'll protect our egg with my life" he swore as he gently held the egg close, but firm to him.

"Promise you'll tell her nothing of me?" She wanted to make sure her daughter was out of the family madness or they'd both be in great danger.

"If that's what you want yes" the father nodded as he caressed the egg which laid in his talons.

"I must leave, my kingdom will be sending search parties out If I don't get back" she looked up to the palace in the distance and sighed. She looked back at her egg and gave it one last rub.

"I will always love you" she whispered before giving the father a hard look that he nodded to before she flew off toward her kingdom. She was a small fleck of red in the distance before the father began flying to his home, The Scorpions den.

~A Few Moons Later...

"They said she'd hatch today" The father mumbled to himself as he watched his egg cautiously in the sand. He sat on his hind legs as his barbed tail covered the egg with more sand. He was careful not to stab the egg as it rattled. He heard quiet scratching against the shell and he wanted so bad to help her out, but he knew she had to get out on her own.

He waited and waited till the sun rose and fell, but when he heard the tiny crack crack he jumped up with excitement. She was hatching! He watched as the small golden snout with a tiny horn poke out. The snout made small mewling sounds as her tiny talons took the snouts place and pushed apart. The next thing he knew a tiny white and gold dragonet was in front of him.

"Ark?" She tilted her tiny head before jumping on the giant dragon. After being tackled he picked up the skywing looking dragonet.

"Daddy Cobra will never let anyone harm you my little locket" he whispered to the small dragonet as she fell asleep on his chest.

"Nothing..." he whispered again.

*Im not really experienced with writing dragon stories so please don't judge. I hope you liked it!*

~Tiger~