Chapter 3

I watched as the insane NightWing fell to the ground. I watched her in shock as I dropped my tail.

"What was that!" I yell remembering the weird voice and the words. The NightWing sat up while rubbing her head.

"I haven't had one of those" she muttered to herself as I spread my golden wings excitedly.

"I guess it wasn't mumbo jumbo! What's your name?" I asked, maybe dad could let me off house arrest if I went on a mission. Like a real prophecy told mission. AWESOME. The more I thought about it, the more I dreamed.

The NightWing looked up uncomfortably as she sighed. Her golden eyes seemed to be confused on what I said.

"Echo Star the Rain-NightWing" she muttered before looking at me harder and standing up right. "Why the sudden mood change?" She growled as my mood immediately decreased to annoyed again.

"You just spoke a prophecy, three moons I have a right to be excited!" I snarled dangerously as I felt something cold begin to climb up my throat. I opened my mouth angrily expecting some sort of fire, but instead any icy blast came out.

Echo Star shrieked and for the first time she had another emotion besides grumpy. She jumped out of the way just in time before I closed my mouth. There, on the sand was some cold glassy looking stuff.

"What was that?" I laughed slightly as I poked at the glass stuff.

"Three Moons! You just tried to frost breath me!" Echo Star looked at me in shock and I gave her a cheeky smile.

"So, it's just frost?" I asked while watching it melt away from the hot sun.

"No no that was ice, but you shouldn't be able to do that here, it's too hot" she whispered to herself and I sighed. Now I had to explain.

"I'm a SandWing, I have heat absorbent scales" I explained even though every dragon knew that.

"I know that, but... Your.... Not warm" her warm sandy talons were touching my wing and I immediately felt uncomfortable.

"I-I know I look funny, but I'm a Sand-" My stuttering was cut off by a roar that I could recognize anywhere. I turned to see my dad tackle Echo Star causing the sand sprayed into my eyes. I roared as I fell back wiping my watering eyes.

Once I could sort of see I looked to see what was happening. An angry bubble seemed to rise inside me as I saw my dad ready to stab his tail into Echo Star. A roar escaped me as I lunged foreword and pulled my dad off her. My wings shot out to keep me balanced as my tail looked for a weak spot I could stab. I couldn't think at the moment, I just knew I had to protect that grumpy dragon.

I was ready to stab my own father when his voice brung me out of my trance. "LOCKET! In what three moons do you think your doing?" My father roared at me as I winced and immediately got of him.

"Sorry dad... I just... That dragon..." I kept my head low in a cowering form as he got up while whipping sand from his scales. I made sure not to meet his angry eyes knowing it would make him angrier.

"Who is this?" I voice that sounded like my fathers said. I looked up to see something surprising. He wasn't angry, he was just pointing at poor Echo Star who didn't dare move a muscle.

"That's Echo" I said quietly as my dad inspected her. We stood there not daring to move as my father inspected us. His beady black eyes opened wider and his extra horns stopped flaring. He fluffed his wings before walking to our house.

"Come inside" he dangerously said before he walked through the curtain. Immediately my head snapped to look at Echo. It seemed she had the same idea.

"What do we do now?" Echo whispered yelled at me as it looked like she was ready to freak out.

"Go inside?" I whispered back shrugging helplessly.

"What? No! Are you crazy?" She whisper yelled at me as she made weird talon symbols.

"I-" I jumped in surprise as my fathers deep cunning voice cut me off.

"Are you dragons coming?" He asked with only his head sticking out of the curtain. He waited for answers.

Echo Star gulped and nodded her head as she began to slowly walked foreword. I followed behind her my tail swished anxiously. Soon we disappeared behind the curtain, maybe to never be seen again.

~Tiger~

Wings Of Fire: The Golden ProphecyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara