Chapter 5

We'd stopped to camp out for the night. I wanted to keep moving, but Echo said that she couldn't find the tunnel at night. I sighed as I laid on the cooling sand.

Echo went off to find some sort of bark or wood which I don't think she'd be able to find here. My ears perked as I heard wing beats. Hoping it was Echo I looked up to see a figure that blended so well into the sky, but had rainbows that stood out in the dark. It was obviously Echo because no one had Rainbow scales like her.

She landed and threw some mushy stuff onto the ground. I looked at her funny as she glared at me. It must've been a hard night for her.

"What's this for?" I asked while reaching my talons foreword to touch the stuff when Echo angrily opened her mouth. I saw the orange of the flame coming up her throat. My wings opened up catching a nearby breeze causing me to fly up into the night sky.

The blasted fire was hot against my left behind tail. I quickly flapped my overly large wings to get my tail out of the bright orange and red swirls.

When she was finished with her anger relief fire I landed on the ground with a hiss. "Were you trying to kill me?" I hissed at her while flicking my tail around like a whip.

"Probably" Echo yawned as she laid by the fire. I looked at her in outrage.

"I almost got burned to a crisp... Because you wanted to have a fire in the hottest place in Pyhrria" I growled at her while still keeping my distance in case she was going to blow against.

"You SkyWings are always so hot headed, just chill accidents happen all the time" She yawned with her eyes closed. She laid her head against her talons and covered her snout with her tail.

"Accident, my tail!" I bared my teeth angrily so badly wanting to attack her, but then I wouldn't have anyone to remember that prophecy.

I soon realized Echo-Star had already fell asleep while listening to me. The orange flames danced through the wind trying to escape their endless battle. It almost reminded me of Echo and me, I was the fire trying to escape her pulling grip.

I slowly moved toward the fire and sighed. It was so beautiful, why couldn't I have inherited this? All I got was frosty breath and poisonous tail for three moons. I was worth camel spit. Some Sand-Ice-SkyWing I was.

My eyes drooped heavily against the warmth of the fire and the darkness of the night. I slowly soon began to drift away into darkness that was colder than the night.

"Hello my dear,"  a voice cackled as I looked around hopelessly. The shadows of a dragon flashed quickly leaving the actually body to never be found.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I hissed before jumping back surprise as the shadow formed right in front of me. The form of color I could see was the never ending evil planted deeply in its Yellow  eyes.

"I can't believe she would ever create something like you" the shadow laughed, but there was some coded message behind that laugh.

"Burn would've loved you, you'd be perfect for her collection" The shadow came closer as I scrambled to get away.

"Well... Your a threat to throne and you will have to be killed along with your mother" the shadow smiled evilly as if she liked killing.

"My mother is dead already!" I roared angrily as I leaped toward her.

My head shot up searching for any shadows, but all I found was the majestic rainbow figure. She was watching me with her brow raised as I froze in shock. We stood there for a bit staring at each other. Violet clashing against gold.

"Come on, we're almost to the tunnel," Echo-Star finally said as she turned around and quickly took flight leaving me in a dust cloud.

I stepped foreword to follow her when I stepped in something. It was the burnt to crisp mossy stuff. I shuddered as I thought about the dream, did fire cause Nightmares? I shook my head, I needed to catch up with Echo.

With that I spread my golden wings and with a mighty flap I was flying to catch up with Echo-Star.

~Tiger~