Chapter 41

Blood rushes towards his body as he picks his phone up to dial for his mother.

His father had kept all photo that was secretly taken, though nothing seems suspicious, but he feared it might.

"Mom..."

"Hi, sweetheart. What's wrong?"

"When will you come back home?"

"Aww, did you miss me that much, Lee Donghyuck. I told you I'm on my long leave this weekend."

"Okay, did you happen to contact... dad?"

A long silence occurred; he even thought the line was cut off.

"Mom?" He calls again.

"Sorry, sweetheart. My boss was calling for me. No, I didn't. Is something wrong?"

Donghyuck clutched on his phone tight, something was definitely wrong...

He glanced over at his boyfriend who gave him encouragement to ask further. Mark even suggested to get hold of the boss's name.

"Mom, you never told me about your boss, his name or what company you're actually working with..."

"Because you never ask. Sweetie, I really got to go, I don't want to end up getting fired. I promised I call you later."

And with that, his mother ended it first. Donghyuck shudders from the cold shivering down his spine. He hugged his body tightly.

"Hey..." Mark snugs him from behind, knowing how hard for him to deal with everything.

"I don't know what my mother is doing..." His voice trailed off, choking on his own words.

"It could've been your dad's doing, Donghyuck. Like he's been stalking her or so."

"I don't know..."

They returned back home – Donghyuck's home, leaving his father's house to Jaehyun and his team.

Winter and Andy came straight after they heard about the news.

Winter ran bolting upstairs while Andy catches his surrounding just in case.

"Oh, Donghyuck!" She ran in and immediately hugged him. "I'm so sorry about what happened. I promised you we'll find him."

He thanked her, pulling her embrace closer. Mark's siblings were definitely the ones he never had. Even the coldhearted Andy had shown him care and kindness from time to time.

"Brother, I don't think it's safe around here anymore..." Winter took concerned of what happened.

And it's happening gradually fast.

"Even our school is not safe...." Andy walks in.

"What do you mean?" It catches Mark attention first; he turns to look at his brother with questioning look.

"They'd already know which school we're attending, Donghyuck's house, his father's house and bet me, our home soon"

Andy makes a good point, either V or SJ or whatever secret organization that has been tracking them, they're in absolute danger.

"Then we gotta act faster than them." Mark narrowed his eyes to his brother.

Andy sensed the darkened threat from his brother, he clears his throat, plopping next to Donghyuck.

"Father said we need to make a truce with V."

He sounded almost waver from it, like he didn't want to tell him but truth hurts.