Chapter 6 ~The Gift And Outside~

*This chapter will be about Charles and the girl mainly in a way. Enjoy! >3<*

I don't really remember what happened last night. 

I stared at the white ceiling, trying to recall what I did.

 A sudden blurred memory popped up and that's when it had hit me. I had given a girl some animal crackers, milk, after I had written a letter to momma. 

She was the most beautiful girl  I HAVE EVER SEEN in my whole life! And to top it off, she was the first Vietnamese girl I've ever talked to! 

I felt myself grinning  ear to ear as I got out of the hard bamboo bed. 

Quincy was still sound asleep since Lieutenant Gerald said that we were "off duty"

Our group's purpose was just to explore certain areas to see if there were any Congs.

The room was lit brightly form the sunrise and the room was a mess from yesterday's unpacking.

 Man I really need to get it cleaned up before Lieutenant Gerald yells at us again.

Right before I was about to put on a t-shirt and sweats...The same girl appeared, but this time running and smiling. Strange how she was by herself. 

My face turned to a beet red as her face did as well. I must have looked like a creep being half naked. I didn't want her to get the wrong message so I threw on my sweats and a tank top.

-Tap, Tap, Tap-

I opened the window and she quickly handed me something that looked like a gift. I smiled as she stood there fidgeting uncomfortably. 

"What is this for?" I asked, being the oblivious person in the whole wide world.

"It's, er, a thank you gift for yesterday." she blushed.

My heart randomly pounced as I nervously placed it down on the desk. 

"Well thank you for the gift, it was nothing. I understand that you were in need." I chuckled.

She stood there still fidgeting. Her face still blood red.

"Is there  something wrong?" My smile suddenly dropped. 

"Er, eh no. I have to get going now or else I will be dead if my parents knew I was out here early in the morning. So uh, be safe. Heh heh heh." She stuttered.

I watched as she jogged out into the jungles and slowly disappeared. I wished that we could've talked more like friends. 

She might be frightened about me being an American soldier.

Besides, she had most likely have not encountered a white person yet. I hope my buddies don't get near her. Wait what?! Well sadly, it's true that I don't really trust them. And besides, you never know what they're thinking.

I quickly closed the window and sat in my desk chair. I needed to do something, oh yeah that's right. I need to shower and put the letter to momma in the "MAIL SHIPPED TO AMERICA" box. 

I glanced to my right and saw how Quincy slept through our conversation. I laughed to myself. That boy is sure clueless. But good thing he wasn't awake because the girl and I were already awkward. 

Dang it! I forgot to ask what her name was. Oh well, I guess that means time to get out of the military base and explore. I will have to ask for Lieutenant Gerald's permission first. That means that I will have to continue unpacking, putting stuff in their places, and then ask him. *face palm*