Chapter (18)

*Damien's P.O.V*

After taking a shower and putting on some clothes that didn't have Nathaniel's blood on them, I got back into the car and drove back to the hospital. My heart raced knowing I might be able to see Nat again. That day will haunt us all. It really will. I... I can't imagine what Nat will be going through if be wakes up.... Wait, did I just say if? No! Stop thinking like that Damien! He will get better. Think about the future. For you and him. Come on Damien, focus on getting to Nat.

Once I pulled into the hospital I rushed in and Alec smiled at me. "See, don't you feel better?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him. "I'm going to go into the room. If you want a turn just tell me." I said and disappeared into the room. Nat still had the tube in his mouth and the pale look on his face, but he was still beautiful. I rushed over and sat on the seat, taking his hand in mine. I carressed it and smiled.

"Between you and me, I think Alec and Simon like each other." I said. In all honesty its kind of hard to miss. I know Alec is straight, but I doubt Simon is. Just by the way he carries himself. "I think they'd be great together, don't you?" I asked.

I was met with silence and it pierced my heart hard.

"Come on, Nat. Give me something. You need to wake up," I said quietly.

I let my head fall between my shoulders and rubbed at my eyes. They were still sore from the staying up and crying I did the other day. It hurts but it is still pain that lets me know I'm alive.

Beep beep beep....beep......beep. I looked up and saw Nats pulse completely stop and I looked down at him.

"No... No! Nurse!" I yelled frantically, seeing Nat's chest completely stop. No Nat! Please stay with me. I grabbed his hand as the doctor and the nurse stepped in. The nurse pulled me away as I screamed his name, thrashing for Nat. But he couldn't hear me.

"No! Let go of me! Nat!" I screamed the other nurses held me tightly but I didn't care. "Please! Nat! Wake up! NAT!" I screamed over and over again.

The doctor pulled the machine in, turning it on and rubbed the paddles together. The nurse a
Had stripped his shirt down so that his chest was showing. The bandages were pulled down as well as she put the rubber pads on his chest.

"Clear!" The doctor yell and placed the paddles on his chest. His body arched but his pulse was still 0. My tears came faster as they did it once more. Please Nat... Just wake up! It's gonna be horrible without you here. Please!

"It's no good, I'm starting cpr." The doctor said, placing his hands on Nat's chest and starting cpr.

"Nat!" I heard Alec scream. I was still in the hands of the nurses as they held me back. I let my head drop. I couldnt face this reality. The reality of not having Nat here. The reality of not living with him. He makes my day. He makes up my everything. He cant just die.

"W...we have a pulse!" The doctor shouted. I heard his monitor start up again. I shot my head up and saw Nats chest move up and down.

"Oh thank god!" I shouted as the nurses released me. I dropped to my knees and sobbed right there. I couldnt believe it. Nat was fighting so hard. I finally got the strength to push myself up off the ground and rushed to his side. I kissed his cheek and sighed happily. Nat was a fighter, and I knew that.

**a couple hours later**

Nat's little jump scare has the doctors on their toes. I was in the cafeteria trying to find something to eat because the doctors said that they needed to monitor Nat for a few hours. I took a bite of my sandwich and immediately made a face. It didn't settle well in my stomach. The fact that Nat can't recover makes food taste like utter shit. I can't eat knowing Nat is dying in the very hospital as me.

"Mind if I join you?" A voice said from behind me. I glanced back to see Simon with a tray of salad and diet coke. I nodded and told him to take the seat across from me.

He saw my sandwich and made a pouting face. "You aren't eating again?" He asked, opening his salad that was filled with ranch.

I shook my head. "Food doesn't settle well knowing Nat is still dying." I said honestly, shoving my food away and sitting back. I crossed my arms and raised a brow.

"I get how that is, Alec doesn't eat as much as he used to." He said and shoved a ranchfilled lettuce into his mouth. I chuckled and leaned forward.

"So, you and Alec huh?" I asked, changing the subject. He chocked on his salad and dropped his fork.

"What?! Where on earth did you get that idea-" I held up a hand to stop him right there.

"I see the way you look at him, its quite obvious," I smirked.

Simon blushed bright red and nodded. "I... I know its obvious but Alec?" He said.

"What about him?" I asked.

"He's straight he won't go after me," Simon slumped his shoulders in defeat and groaned, shoving food into his mouth. He chewed violently and opened his soda to wash down the giant bite he took. I chuckled.

"You never know until you try. I assumed you were gay, and I was right on the money," I told him.

"Yes you were, would you like a cookie, Damien?" He glared.

"I would love one," we laughed and continued talk while Simon ate his food and I drank the Dr. Pepper I got from the vending machine. We talked some more but the only thing I could think about, was Nathaniel.