Chapter Five

Lily and I kept dancing for what felt like hours. We danced through the fast songs and the slow ones, our bodies being forced close together because of other dancers bumping into us. Not that I was complaining. She was a good dancer and it was fun.

"I'm gonna go get another drink!" I yelled over the music. "You want anything?"

She shook her head, smiling and bobbing her head to the beat of the music. "Nah, I'm good! Just come back quick so we can dance some more."

I smiled at her. "Will do!"

I turn around and walk towards the bar. The bartender smiles at me, raising an eyebrow. "Rum and coke!"

He nodded, turning around to make my drink. I feel an arm go around my shoulder and for a second I think it's just Lily come to get a drink until I realize that the arm around my shoulder isn't small and light muscled. It's big and bulky, heavily muscled and not the arm of a girl.

I looked to my right and see a decently attractive guy smiling down at me.. He looks mid-twenties, with blonde hair and brown eyes, plus the whitest teeth ever. To be honest he looks like a douche. I could tell just by the way he's smiling at me that he thinks he's top shit. "Hey baby girl", he drawled.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Bye."

The smile fell off his face and his eyes widened. I almost laughed at how confused he looked. "What?" he asked.

"I said bye."

He scowled. "What do you mean 'bye'?"

I rolled my eyes again, shrugging his arm off my shoulder. "I mean bye, you can walk away now."

He stares at me in disbelief for a couple seconds before a smirk makes its way onto his face. "Oh. I get it now."

I don't really know what he's talking about, but I still say "Great. Bye now." The bartender has finished making my drink and puts it down in front of me.

As I'm taking a sip from my drink, the guy beside me says "you're not into me."

I stop sipping my drink to say "correct", then go back to sipping my drink. 

"You're into girls."

I'm so startled by his assumption that I choke on my drink. I cough and sputter, putting a hand to my chest. "Excuse me?!"

His smirk widens. "That's why you aren't into me. You're into girls."

His arrogance stunned me into silence for a second. "You think just because I'm not attracted to your cocky arrogant attitude that I must like the opposite sex?"

He nodded. "Exactly."

I shook my head at him and scoffed. "You're just ... I don't even have a word to describe it!" I hastily turned around and walked away from him, heading back toward Lily.

"Hey, you didn't deny it!" I heard him yell from the bar.

Lily had a confused look in her face when I came, looking oddly at the guy I was talking to. Actually, yelling at sounded more accurate. "Who was that? What didn't you deny?"

"Just some guy."

"What didn't you deny?", she asked me again. 

"He was trying to make a move on me, but I wasn't interested so I told him to leave me alone. He was  so arrogant that he just assumed I'm into girls."

She raised her eyebrows. "That's quite an assumption." 

I nodded my head, agreeing with her. "I know right? Seriously, I hope I never meet him or anyone like him again." 

"Why didn't you?"

I shoot her a confused look. "Why didn't I what?" 

I chug back the rest of my drink, the alcohol burning my throat as it goes down. I toss the cup somewhere and grab her hands, and we both start moving our hips to the beat of the music again. 

"Why didn't you deny it", she said. 

I don't know how to answer her. I could have denied it but I walked away too fast to even think about denying it. I didn't tell the guy he was right, but I didn't tell him he was wrong. 

I give Lily the best answer I can come up with at the moment. "I don't know."

She stares into my eyes for a few seconds, then she just smiled and grabbed my hands again. "Let's just go home. I'm tired now and I don't wanna make my hangover for tomorrow any worse than it's already going to be." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10,000 reads!! Oh my gosh. Can't even handle this! 

Anyways! If you guys have an idea of who you want to play Lily, comment! I'm not sure who I want to play her, but I have Kaya Scodelario as Bree!